The Student Room Group

AQA incorrect gradeboundaries and marking!!!!!!

For the product design coursework you need 68+ / 80 to get an A...
I got 74 and it says a B......

WHAT IS GOING ON?!!! please, I need someone to explain this to me :frown:
Has this happened to anyone before?
Reply 1

Here are the 2014 grade boundaries
Reply 2
Are you sure you're referring to raw marks and not UMS with your 74?
Reply 3
you don't get raw marks in your result , this are only UMS
Reply 4
Original post by DANGO.DANGO

Here are the 2014 grade boundaries

Did you get 74 UMS or Raw Marks? A 74 raw mark MAY have converted to a grade B.
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by *Stefan*
Are you sure you're referring to raw marks and not UMS with your 74?

Original post by Cola_23
Did you get 74 UMS or Raw Marks? A 74 raw mark MAY have converted to a grade B.

I believe these results are UMS marks
It's really weird, I didn't get a chance to speak to any teachers about this is school :frown:
Reply 7

is it in percentages? and it's 74/80
Reply 8
Original post by DANGO.DANGO
I believe these results are UMS marks
It's really weird, I didn't get a chance to speak to any teachers about this is school :frown:

Then I don't know, sorry :rolleyes:

Obviously speak to your school ASAP, or e-mail the office so that they know about your situation. Have you talked to any of your friends who take the same subject, so you can try and figure out what went wrong?

I'm sure they'll change it for you if they've made some silly mistakes..

Just another suggestion, does the marks genuinely affect the grade as a whole? Though I doubt this, does the B refer to the actual grade of the subject?
Reply 9
Original post by Cola_23
Then I don't know, sorry :rolleyes:

Obviously speak to your school ASAP, or e-mail the office so that they know about your situation. Have you talked to any of your friends who take the same subject, so you can try and figure out what went wrong?

I'm sure they'll change it for you if they've made some silly mistakes..

Just another suggestion, does the marks genuinely affect the grade as a whole? Though I doubt this, does the B refer to the actual grade of the subject?

My friend's results are accurate It's just mine, the exam was 50% I got A in that, the coursework is the other 50% where I got 74.. Even if it's a B, doesn't that make a 'low' A? Cuz the A was high (80/80)
I think AQA have it in raw marks. It should have both, but a normal mark scheme will have its raw marks as numbers like 68 or 57, whereas the UMS marks will strictly be in intervals of 10 as they denote the grade differences (80 - A, 70 - B) and so on.

So therefore, i'm inclined to believe you received your UMS mark, which is 74% and the marks on the AQA grade boundaries are raw marks
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I think AQA have it in raw marks. It should have both, but a normal mark scheme will have its raw marks as numbers like 68 or 57, whereas the UMS marks will strictly be in intervals of 10 as they denote the grade differences (80 - A, 70 - B) and so on.

So therefore, i'm inclined to believe you received your UMS mark, which is 74% and the marks on the AQA grade boundaries are raw marks

That makes so much more sense now :^_^:
Thanks
Reply 12
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

This might be useful, I found it useful when looking at my results, allows you to see raw marks and UMS and convert between them. :smile:
Original post by bekbok
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

This might be useful, I found it useful when looking at my results, allows you to see raw marks and UMS and convert between them. :smile:

That was helpful indeed, thank you :biggrin:
Reply 14
The results paper always gives u the marks out 100.
68/80 is 85%

Quick Reply

Latest