The Student Room Group

Better grades

Hey guys, what would you guys say sets apart an A* student to an A within chemistry I'm currently in year 13 working at an A grade but would like to push it up slightly but cant seem to find the marks, are there any specific topics students struggle with every year or niche topics that creep up a lot.
thank you (AQA)
Original post by Jackdavisvfhfjf
Hey guys, what would you guys say sets apart an A* student to an A within chemistry I'm currently in year 13 working at an A grade but would like to push it up slightly but cant seem to find the marks, are there any specific topics students struggle with every year or niche topics that creep up a lot.
thank you (AQA)

I don’t think it’s possible to give you a straight answer you would consider to be particularly helpful as all students are different and the A* students tend to perform well on almost all areas of the course.

I would say your best bet is to make sure that after completing a past paper (preferably under timed exam conditions and without the aid of notes etc), you mark it, annotate it, use the examiner’s report to understand why certain common responses were incorrect and afterwards, make note of the topics that caused you to lose the most marks. After recapping the topics, make sure to re-do any of the questions you got wrong and more or less repeat the same reviewing procedure.

Quick Reply

Latest