The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Ewen Henderson Court

I've been trying to swap but it's seeming like it's not gonna happen now so probably going to have to accept EHC as my accommodation :frown:

As I didn't really research it as it was low down on my preferences can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it a good place to live? Is it good socially? Are the rooms nice? Good transport links between central London and particularly Strand?

btw if anyone wants it I may be open to a swap, I'd love to swap with Hampstead in particular but I may be interested in somewhere else!
Hi,

Looks as though I am in the same boat! Ewen Henderson was my 6th preference, and I like you was one of the unlucky 30% who are not guaranteed their 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference when the allocation program is run....might write a better program for them so this sort of stuff doesn't happen XD

Anyway I spoke to someone from the accommodation office earlier who said Ewen Henderson is nice, and is apparently more sociable than Stamford Street Apartments, because it is smaller I guess.
The rooms look nice, potentially a little more spacious than Stamford Street and some of the others, and it is apartments of 2 to 7 with a shared kitchen.
There is a bus that runs straight up to Aldwych, takes about 30-40 mins, or you can take the overground and a tube. I'm sure we will all get used to it as we will all be doing the same thing.
To be honest, after 7 years of getting up at 6:30 am and getting a bus to and from school for 40 minutes twice a day, I was quite looking forward to being 5 minutes from the campus! But **** happens.
It is right next to Goldsmiths which has lots of arts and music people, and apparently the area around it is quite nice. Also there is a massive Sainsbury's right next to it.

I looked on the King's accommodation page about mid-session applications for accommodation, and if you still want to swap by the 25th of September, people usually drop out, don't turn up, or move, and you can apply to be reallocated. I imagine I will do that if I can't find someone to swap with by Thursday. Alternatively you can find someone to swap with when term starts.
There are plenty of options, and at the end of the day you are in London regardless, and it doesn't matter where you live. In second year it's likely you will end up in a flat about the same distance either North or South of the river anyway.

I don't know everything, but I hope this helps in some way :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by tbeswick96
Hi,

Looks as though I am in the same boat! Ewen Henderson was my 6th preference, and I like you was one of the unlucky 30% who are not guaranteed their 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference when the allocation program is run....might write a better program for them so this sort of stuff doesn't happen XD

Anyway I spoke to someone from the accommodation office earlier who said Ewen Henderson is nice, and is apparently more sociable than Stamford Street Apartments, because it is smaller I guess.
The rooms look nice, potentially a little more spacious than Stamford Street and some of the others, and it is apartments of 2 to 7 with a shared kitchen.
There is a bus that runs straight up to Aldwych, takes about 30-40 mins, or you can take the overground and a tube. I'm sure we will all get used to it as we will all be doing the same thing.
To be honest, after 7 years of getting up at 6:30 am and getting a bus to and from school for 40 minutes twice a day, I was quite looking forward to being 5 minutes from the campus! But **** happens.
It is right next to Goldsmiths which has lots of arts and music people, and apparently the area around it is quite nice. Also there is a massive Sainsbury's right next to it.

I looked on the King's accommodation page about mid-session applications for accommodation, and if you still want to swap by the 25th of September, people usually drop out, don't turn up, or move, and you can apply to be reallocated. I imagine I will do that if I can't find someone to swap with by Thursday. Alternatively you can find someone to swap with when term starts.
There are plenty of options, and at the end of the day you are in London regardless, and it doesn't matter where you live. In second year it's likely you will end up in a flat about the same distance either North or South of the river anyway.

I don't know everything, but I hope this helps in some way :smile:

Yeah it doesn't sound too bad actually - my first choice was Hampstead so it's actually slightly nearer than that which is a bonus, although I really didn't mind about distance as I'm doing English which has little contact hours so being close wouldn't have mattered too much to me. The main issue I had was the cost as my parents really didn't want to have spend that much on my accommodation so I'm probably going to have to end up paying for my travel card (which is £900 straight out of my student loan if I go for the yearly one which is an annoyance!) which they would have paid for had I gone to Hampstead due to the cheaper price.

Yeah in terms of amount of people in each flat, apparently there's only 4 rooms with shared bathrooms, and it's just two flats with two people each :confused: Think it would be a bit strange sharing with just one person who you'd never met, especially if you didn't like them :tongue: Are all the en suite flats of 7? I hope so as I'd rather be sharing with more people than less, although I didn't really want an en suite as I'm fine with sharing so was going to enquire about swapping for a non standard, but if it's just 2 people in each flat for that than I'm not sure I want to do that? :tongue: Guess en suite is a bonus as well!

I'm going on holiday on Monday so would really need to get a swap done before that which is very unlikely :frown: Might try the same as you and try later on after paying deposit etc but to be honest from the pictures I've seen it looks nice and from what you've said it sounds alright, so not too bad overall!
Reply 3
Any people who stayed in EHC before got anything to say about it? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest