Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dan-SB
I went with unite - Cambridge court! :smile:

Same I booked today !
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 1701
Dale Hall is closing in December and will then be demolished. Anyone who has been allocated Dale will be moved at some stage during the first term. It appears that anyone who has been allocated a place at Sale originally applied for self catered probably in Crown or Vine, as Dale is so far wide of the mark for most people students allocated here are being given priority for any declines non takers etc for more suitable accommodation, this info came from a supervisor I spoke to today in the accommodation office.
Original post by Dan-SB
I applied for crown place and vine court but have been put in Carnatic - Morton House which is the complete opposite of what I applied for as it is a shared bathroom, catered and miles away from the uni... I am not a happy bunny! Thinking of looking into private accommodation but I have no clue where to start or maybe just taking a gap year :frown:
Any ideas?

I was in Morton house last year and loved it. The funny thing is that those that lived in vine court HATED it because it was so lonely and isolated it is! I too was like you , and hadn't even given carnatic a thought during the application process, but I gave it a chance. Don't look into private accomodation as it's occupied mostly by John Moors students. Don't look at it as something to hate, because trust me it works out cheaper, you'll make more friends, and by the end might even miss it.
Reply 1703
Original post by CameronHirst
I was in Morton house last year and loved it. The funny thing is that those that lived in vine court HATED it because it was so lonely and isolated it is! I too was like you , and hadn't even given carnatic a thought during the application process, but I gave it a chance. Don't look into private accomodation as it's occupied mostly by John Moors students. Don't look at it as something to hate, because trust me it works out cheaper, you'll make more friends, and by the end might even miss it.

I have found private accommodation which is closer and has a better room but I'm really worried that I won't meet people as easily as i will in Carnatic! Just don't know what to do 😔
I was in private halls for 1st year. Made no difference. Join a sports team and societies if you're worried about the friend thing. You'll never be lonely at uni!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone chosen myrtle court on crown street??? Literally feel like the only one??
Reply 1706
Original post by Chloeleigh1
Has anyone chosen myrtle court on crown street??? Literally feel like the only one??

I'm about to book it now :smile:
Original post by Miss M
I'm about to book it now :smile:

Ahhhh really what are you studying? I'm on the third floor in room E!
Can we actually go visit crown place beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1709
Original post by A6 paper
Same I booked today !

Which room are you in?
Original post by CameronHirst

That's exactly what I was thinking if I get given Carnatic/ greenbank as an alternative ( the accomodation I got given is way too expensive so I'm on a waiting list atm )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krazy_b
Can we actually go visit crown place beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't think so, its still being built so if we do it would only be the exterior part of it. its a shame coz I wanted to see the inside.
Original post by Dan-SB
Which room are you in?

Block c flat 73 wbu ?
Block c flat 73 wbu ?

You already found your room? How did you find it.
Reply 1714
Block c flat 73 wbu ?

Block C, flat 33! :smile:
Anyone going greenbank
Original post by Dan-SB
Block C, flat 33! :smile:

Is your room catered because mine in myrte court is? :smile:
Original post by Kruz
You already found your room? How did you find it.

I booked it over the phone and they told me on the phone
I booked it over the phone and they told me on the phone

I paid mine online is there any other way I can find out
Original post by Kruz
I paid mine online is there any other way I can find out

I think if we did it online we find out 1st september

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending