The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I think I'll get them ready to send off before the end of Sept/start of October. The Bright Network will cover a good 90% of them tbh so I don't think we'll have to wait too long.

Ah, I decided against going to that, so I guess I'll wait!

Will you be applying to any other Spring Weeks that aren't IB (e.g. Big 4)?
Original post by CD315
Ah, I decided against going to that, so I guess I'll wait!

Will you be applying to any other Spring Weeks that aren't IB (e.g. Big 4)?

Ah that's too bad - was it about travel in the end?

I hear EY do some Spring programmes, so I might check those out, but I'm not too interested in the Big 4 apart from that. How about you?
Original post by CD315

Well a lot of them recruit on a rolling basis for a start. However, now definitely is a bit early..

Great thanks for this. I am waiting for uni I think - at least until the Bright Network investment banking day.
Reply 263

I hear EY do some Spring programmes, so I might check those out, but I'm not too interested in the Big 4 apart from that. How about you?

Yeah, pretty much.

I'll apply just in case I get nothing else, I guess.

Original post by John Maddon
Great thanks for this. I am waiting for uni I think - at least until the Bright Network investment banking day.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Lots of people wait until mid-end of October and are fine.
Original post by CD315

I'll apply just in case I get nothing else, I guess.

I'll be doing the same. I have very limited experience as it is hard to find.. EY insight Day, two weeks work experience at JP Morgan campus in bournemouth & that IB bright network day.

How are you guys 'buffing' your CV up haha??
Reply 265
Original post by John Maddon

How are you guys 'buffing' your CV up haha??

By making everything sound much better than it is.
Reply 266

GS seems to be open, btw. Just haven't updated their deadline on the website yet.
Original post by CD315
By making everything sound much better than it is.

Sounds good haha.
Original post by CD315
GS seems to be open, btw. Just haven't updated their deadline on the website yet.

You're definitely on the ball! Thanks :smile:
Reply 269
You're definitely on the ball! Thanks :smile:

No worries :smile: Keep this thread updated if you find any others!
Reply 270
RBS is open.
Not sure if the OP is still around but it would be amazing if someone had a post on the first page to add when programmes have opened!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just a heads up, the RBS SW options look incredibly limited at this stage. Not sure if they're yet to add more or what, but it's quite dire at the moment
Reply 273
Would it be advisable to wait until I start uni (October) before applying, so I can get advice and what not? Thanks:smile:
Reply 274
Just a heads up, the RBS SW options look incredibly limited at this stage. Not sure if they're yet to add more or what, but it's quite dire at the moment

Where are the options? All I've been able to choose is the general 'Corporate and Institutional Banking' SW?

Original post by excal9
Would it be advisable to wait until I start uni (October) before applying, so I can get advice and what not? Thanks:smile:

Depends on how ready you feel you are. There's no harm in waiting until October.
Reply 275
Original post by CD315
Where are the options? All I've been able to choose is the general 'Corporate and Institutional Banking' SW?

Depends on how ready you feel you are. There's no harm in waiting until October.

I know I'm wanting to do it and apply, I just really don't want to screw up any applications, plus my CVs not ace...
Original post by CD315

Services, tech, retail, and C&IB. I think it might be worth using the RBS app as a dummy one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277
Services, tech, retail, and C&IB. I think it might be worth using the RBS app as a dummy one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's my plan. RBS and Rothschild are competitors for that.
Original post by Sarah13579
Hi everyone,

So I got into Southampton Uni today. My results weren't the best, they're ABB which isn't a disaster but I know isn't great in terms of applying to SW and careers in IB.

Just posting to ask you guys whether you think I've got any chance of getting a place on SW with these results/uni.

Wow, just read this post and thought i wrote it lol.. you are almost a clone of me?? I also got ABB, failed to get into warwick and so ended up at southampton uni, i'm doing economics but may switch to accounting and economics, wbu?
Original post by solaars
Does anybody know if Elite Boutiques IB offer spring weeks? If yes, which one(s)?
Thanks.

I think everyone now knows where they will be going at university in september. Anyone at UCL for Economics?

Ucl economics here, what type of SW are you thinking of applying for, IBD/S&T?

Latest

Trending

Trending