The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hi guys, there's a good article on how to get spring weeks at another site: not allowed to post the link here so if anyone wanted to see it send me a PM, gladly send over
Original post by Szmessh
Hi guys, there's a good article on how to get spring weeks at another site: not allowed to post the link here so if anyone wanted to see it send me a PM, gladly send over

I can vouch for this article - I found it pretty useful, you should all check it out
What's the deal with the cover letter? I know it should be around a page long, but what exactly should we include?
Original post by Purple_fox
What's the deal with the cover letter? I know it should be around a page long, but what exactly should we include?

It should basically contain a short summary of yourself, what motivates you , why you think you're a perfect fit to for the position, why you want to go into division X, why bank Y, Relevant experience, etc.
If anyone is in the process of filling out the Credit Suisse application form are you including all of your individual GCSE results?
Reply 285
Original post by John Maddon
If anyone is in the process of filling out the Credit Suisse application form are you including all of your individual GCSE results?

Yeah I don't see why not
CS's application software is bloody awful - the page refreshes every time you add a new 'qualification' so filling in like 13 GCSEs and 4 A-levels is really annoying
Original post by Refrigerator
CS's application software is bloody awful - the page refreshes every time you add a new 'qualification' so filling in like 13 GCSEs and 4 A-levels is really annoying

yeah thats why I asked urgh.. nightmare!!
Reply 288
Hey guys

I'm an intentional boy(Korean) so I've got a non English name, not a ridiculous foreign name with like 85 letters but not a typical English name. I go by the name James but it's not official or anything.

Do you guys reckon that when I fill out my apps form, I should include my preferred name James?

So, something like: First name : Sehwan (James) Last Name: Park

It's just so that when I do some name drop offs, its easier for them to remember?

Any non-white/english named internationals?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys,
I am German and I would like to apply to the SWs programs.
Do you know, of you need any further documents except CV and cover letter for an application?
Thanks guys in advance
Original post by CD315
Blackrock seems to be open, for anyone who's interested.

For anyone in the know; as someone aiming for S&T, would I be better applying for the Analytics & Risk division at Blackrock? I think Investments would be more suited for someone aiming for IBD, right?

Hey,

I can't seem to find the spring week applications on the website. Is that what you meant? Could you share the link please?

-Thanks
Reply 291
Original post by thelion0
Hey,

I can't seem to find the spring week applications on the website. Is that what you meant? Could you share the link please?

-Thanks

https://blackrock.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/xf-9a01081cc08a/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/730-Insight-Program-EMEA/en-GB
Does anyone know if Blackrock requires an online test?
Original post by thelion0
Does anyone know if Blackrock requires an online test?

Just an online app & telephone interview bud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Just an online app & telephone interview bud

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, i dread assessment centres.
How many people are taken out of the process at each stage? i.e what % get past the tests / telephone interviews / assessment centres?
Does anyone know if it's okay to repeat your CV in the work experience sections for job roles and skills? [Re: online applications that ask you to detail your work experience]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Original post by The-Illusionist
Does anyone know if it's okay to repeat your CV in the work experience sections for job roles and skills? [Re: online applications that ask you to detail your work experience]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it would be worth expanding on your CV here.
hello peeps thought id jump in, been stalking the page for a while now.
Im going to be studying chemistry at UCL.
gd luck with all your applications.
im very hesitant to send any off atm as I have literally no experience to date
if anyone knows of any workshops or anything feel free to pm me (y)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, about to start A&F at Warwick with 3 A stars and an A at A-level, and work experience at a private prop trader and wealth management firm- do the S&T spring weeks prefer degrees such as Maths,etc? Also, how many spring weeks do most people apply for at once?

Latest

Trending

Trending