The Student Room Group

Michael Brown killing: Who is to blame?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Truths
Is this true :O. I had my suspicions after I read this:

Well well well. It seems the racists will have to up new material for their smear campaign.

THIS x100! They are all silent now huh? :rolleyes:

Who is to blame? Darren Wilson is to blame.
Police officers who shoot unarmed civilians for no reason are to blame.
Laws that protect the police during situations like this are to blame.
Society which deems it to be ok to kill someone because they are black is to blame.
Institutional racism is to blame.
The police are to blame, for lying every time to try cover their tracks and defend Wilson.
The stereotyping of black people is to blame.
Demonising the victims of crime to fit an agenda is to blame.
The media is to blame. For a number of things including false reporting (e.g the eyesocket lie)
The American people are to blame. For not stopping this sooner and making their voices heard, as there have been hundreds of situations like this. Too many Mike Browns.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophiaLDN
THIS x100! They are all silent now huh? :rolleyes:

Who is to blame? Darren Wilson is to blame.
Police officers who shoot unarmed civilians for no reason are to blame.
Laws that protect the police during situations like this are to blame.
Society which deems it to be ok to kill someone because they are black is to blame.
Institutional racism is to blame.
The police are to blame, for lying every time to try cover their tracks and defend Wilson.
The stereotyping of black people is to blame.
Demonising the victims of crime to fit an agenda is to blame.
The media is to blame. For a number of things including false reporting (e.g the eyesocket lie)
The American people are to blame. For not stopping this sooner and making their voices heard, as there have been hundreds of situations like this. Too many Mike Browns.

For no reason?? ... We haven't heard a word from Darren Wilson's side have we? ... where the **** are his rights in all this? ... Young black guy gets shot by a cop and you all jump on the "racism bandwagon" ... jesus ... the only witness they have is Brown's mate ... and his story sounds full of holes anyway ....

You guys are idiots tbh ... I can't wait for the trial.
Original post by Made in Tyrone
For no reason?? ... We haven't heard a word from Darren Wilson's side have we? ... where the **** are his rights in all this? ... Young black guy gets shot by a cop and you all jump on the "racism bandwagon" ... jesus ... the only witness they have is Brown's mate ... and his story sounds full of holes anyway ....

You guys are idiots tbh ... I can't wait for the trial.

Are you stupid or? You're defending a murderer. He murdered an unarmed kid and sadistically shot him 6 times. The autopsy and every other evidence so far does not support Wilson at all. You've never heard of racial profiling? Please go and educate yourself. You clearly have an agenda so im not even going to argue with you, so don't bother replying. Yes, lets wait for the trial. You'll still be defending him when he's found guilty :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you stupid or? You're defending a murderer. He murdered an unarmed kid and sadistically shot him 6 times. The autopsy and every other evidence so far does not support Brown at all. You've never heard of racial profiling? Please go and educate yourself. You clearly have an agenda so im not even going to argue with you, so don't bother replying. Yes, lets wait for the trial. You'll still be defending him when he's found guilty :rolleyes:

I take it you were there during the shooting?
After all, you seem to know exactly what happened.
Are you stupid or? You're defending a murderer. He murdered an unarmed kid and sadistically shot him 6 times. The autopsy and every other evidence so far does not support Brown at all. You've never heard of racial profiling? Please go and educate yourself. You clearly have an agenda so im not even going to argue with you, so don't bother replying. Yes, lets wait for the trial. You'll still be defending him when he's found guilty :rolleyes:

You're just bigoted ... AT THE MOMENT this police officer isn't a murderer since he hasn't been charged with homicide. There hasn't been a trial ... there hasn't been a proper investigation (as far as we, the public, know) - so avoid calling me stupid.

If he's found guilty of murder then of course I won't have his side ... but as of yet I'm certain that something else happened. If you took the liberty of checking out the diagram of Brown's body and the shots he received from the policeman's gun, you can see that it is spread from foot to head.

The shot that killed him was the bullet that hit the very top of his scalp. The victim, Brown, as far as I know was standing when he took the shots ... at least until the kill shot. THEREFORE, by deduction, Officer Wilson had started shooting brown from either Brown's foot, or browns middle body ... NOT the head - NOT AN EXECUTION! SO ... if this is true ... it means that the shots he first fired were POSSIBLY in an act of self defence. I'm quite sure Officer Wilson, who seems to be of a very quiet disposition, and from his close friends, is the last person to ever carry out something like what he is accused of, called out to Brown to coorperate, which he DIDN'T.

I'd like to hear all the facts YOU have to be so sure that Officer Wilson is a murderer. Till then.
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen

Agreed.

The poor guy has fallen victim of a witch hunt because he's white and the victim is black - INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY I say.

We need facts here, not hearsay from some deluded TSR user.

Can you read?

So by me pointing out that he shot an unarmed kid 6 times, that must mean I was there? Take a seat.
Can you read?

So by me pointing out that he shot an unarmed kid 6 times, that must mean I was there? Take a seat.

You do realise that you can legally shoot somebody 6 times don't you? You have decided that the officer is guilty of murder without being there or having access to all of the information. It is a good job that you are in any police force.
You do realise that you can legally shoot somebody 6 times don't you? You have decided that the officer is guilty of murder without being there or having access to all of the information. It is a good job that you are in any police force.

Glad she isn't anywhere in the judicial sector.
What surprises me most is the media actually reporting on police brutality and military style conduct. I would expect them to hush it up . Im guessing its part of a bigger game perhaps creating a federal police system
Reply 50
Despite the fact that theft is a crime, it can never be a justifiable reason for the offender to be shot - especially if they were unarmed. The officer is clearly at fault.
Original post by Ndella
Despite the fact that theft is a crime, it can never be a justifiable reason for the offender to be shot - especially if they were unarmed. The officer is clearly at fault.

Look, another user who was apparently there and knows all of the information regarding the case......

Your ignorance of this case is clear.
Reply 52
Look, another user who was apparently there and knows all of the information regarding the case......

Your ignorance of this case is clear.

Oh so you justify this?
Original post by Ndella
Oh so you justify this?

Justify what exactly?

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

You have decided, based on hearsay that the officer is guilty of some sort of crime.

The officer may have been within his rights to have shot Mr Brown, we do not know yet, but for you to say how he is in the wrong is ridiculous.
Reply 54
Justify what exactly?

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

You have decided, based on hearsay that the officer is guilty of some sort of crime.

The officer may have been within his rights to have shot Mr Brown, we do not know yet, but for you to say how he is in the wrong is ridiculous.

Despite all that, Brown was UNARMED.
Original post by Ndella
Despite all that, Brown was UNARMED.

So? That is not relevant at all. You really do not understand how US laws work.
Reply 56
I think we need to look at the bigger picture here; it's no secret that there is very distinct 'them and us' attitude between the African American community and the US establishment. A lot of these young people choose the lifestyle that they do because they are conditioned to believe that the government has alienated them and that they will not become of anything, so they turn to crime to express their frustration and obviously the police need to retaliate, so it ends up creating a vicious cycle.
As long as this attitude towards the black community and the underclasses stays then we will continue to have incidents like this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nobody yet knows all the details of the incident but I think it's almost impossible for the police officer to justify the number of times he shot Brown. Should he have shot him at all? That's up for debate, because we don't know the exact chain of events.

What annoys me, is the way the media try to portray Brown to fit an agenda. First they show photos of him when he was younger (just like they did in the Trayvon Martin case) to make us believe he was a 'boy' rather than an 18 year old adult.

The family - obviously will defend their son, but calling him a 'gentle giant' was BS. But the media ran with it. The CCTV video from the store he robbed shows he was a young thug who thought nothing of committing such a crime. This makes it harder to feel sorry for Brown's demise.

The black community in the United States never address the issue of black on white murders or black on white rape. Considering that African-Americans make up around 13% of the total population, I'll bet the stats show a disproportionate amount of black on white crime. Yet when one of their 'black brothers' gets shot - they riot and cause mayhem. Double standards. In the Trayvon Martin case, Zimmerman wasn't even white, which shows that the black community is only concerned when one of them is murdered, but to hell with anyone else.
Reply 58
let us get some things straight

1 the issue here is not racism but unprofessionalism as the cop should have been armed with and used a taser if the guy attacked him

2 the guy who was shot by london police was a targetted tottenham gangster but this was just a kid

3 almost no one robbing london cared about the dude who got killed by police it was just a cycle of fun after the boys of the guy who got shot kicked it off n started the ball rolling. the robbing in this thing is the same as it is just monkey see monkey do that is how we operate

4 the reaction is not actually racial. the robbery wave in london was proportionally white and brown boys too and these places in america have much higher percentage of black guys but the white guys living there must be joining in too

6 bet u anything that unarmed white guys get shot by black cops in america but the media does not have a field day with it. who ends up looking bad from the media having a field day with this type of stuff?
i genuinely have not looked it up and i genuinely would bet any amount of money under ten thousand pound

It is not legal to shoot someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending