The Student Room Group

My dad dislikes me and honestly I dont know why

I'm a 19F, and my dad has ALWAYS despised me after the age of 6. He never cared, paid attention to my education, me or anything I did. I was always fat-shamed in the family, but just by him. Im Asian,(brown) and I feel that a major part too.

Now, I'm in college. I do agree my previous grades were bad but he brings it up every moment he can. He tries his best to blame everything on my mother. Today a major fight broke out. I have summer going on, I have coop (outside of college) and im preparing for it, i have online classes and yes i have gained some weight but im not fat.

today he called me majorly obese, said i have no future and wished how i wasnt born.

I've been feeling like **** since the age of 15 and im 19 now, Idk how i can convince myself to get out of this. I cant leave my house. that's not an option.

I need to finnd ways to ignore him. Help me out please. And why does he always blame my mother?
Reply 1
Hey, sorry to hear that you are going through this ☹️

Don't take any of these mindless insults to heart - they're all cheap, quick insults that he resorts to simply because he doesn't even know what he's trying to articulate.

It seems like he is the problem here, and it's usually quite difficult to make problematic people realise that they are problematic.

Has your mum said anything about this? How much are you able to block him out of your life and ignore him before he causes a ruckus about it?

Do you think there are any other underlying problems in the household or in his life that is triggering this toxic behaviour?

And have you confronted him about it at all before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending