The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
No, I think the morning is more exclusive and more structured so much better networking possibilities. I'm not going anyway :tongue:

Ooh, guess I might as well apply. Why not? :O
Did you end up getting into Cam in the end?
Original post by Unsworth
See you both there.

I'll be there, too, with four of my friends, haha.
Reply 342
Original post by yl95
Ooh, guess I might as well apply. Why not? :O
Did you end up getting into Cam in the end?

Decided it wasn't worth the hassle it was causing - flights over were weird that day and I'd have had to stay the night before in a hotel.

I did indeed :biggrin:
Original post by yl95
I'll be there, too, with four of my friends, haha.

Sounds good, I have a couple mates I know going too. Know a lot of the people who went last year and it seems like it should be an alright event.
Original post by CD315
Decided it wasn't worth the hassle it was causing - flights over were weird that day and I'd have had to stay the night before in a hotel.

I did indeed :biggrin:

That's fair enough but it's a shame that it's so far away...
Yay! I knew you would. :smile: Guess you might see my NatSci fresher friend as she'll be at the same College as you.

Original post by Unsworth
Sounds good, I have a couple mates I know going too. Know a lot of the people who went last year and it seems like it should be an alright event.

Yes, a lot of the big names will be there, which should be good.

Oh gosh, I haven't even thought about my CV or anything as I was too busy enjoying my holiday, woops. Guess I'd better get started. If you're going to a target, how many should you send off before enrolment? I'm starting in October.
Anyone having any luck with UBS yet?
BN seem to be sounding pretty desperate now. Just had an email inviting me to the IB section and consultancy section, even though I'm already at university. Probably a good thing I'm only going to the afternoon session.
Reply 347
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Anyone having any luck with UBS yet?

Still nothing!
Original post by MathsNerd1
BN seem to be sounding pretty desperate now. Just had an email inviting me to the IB section and consultancy section, even though I'm already at university. Probably a good thing I'm only going to the afternoon session.

Jeez, that is bad...
Jeez, that is bad...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thought it was meant to be an exclusive event for a certain cohort, but right now it seems to just want anybody to join.
Original post by MathsNerd1

Are you on a 4 year course and therefore graduating in 2017? That's what I'm doing and was still invited because although I'm not a first year, I will still be graduating in the same year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesrorytiffin
Are you on a 4 year course and therefore graduating in 2017? That's what I'm doing and was still invited because although I'm not a first year, I will still be graduating in the same year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's why they invited me, but when you apply it specifically says for people entering their first year of university, so this is just something they're doing to fill more of the spaces as not enough people have decided to go to it.
Reply 352
I don't think UBS is open yet anyway. See here

EDIT: Woops, seems it is open. I didn't realise UK wasn't EMEA on their site. Look at the bottom of this page
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD315
I don't think UBS is open yet anyway. See here

EDIT: Woops, seems it is open. I didn't realise UK wasn't EMEA on their site. Look at the bottom of this page

Brilliant, thanks bud!
Reply 354
Original post by newblood
Your PMs are full.

Sorry to detract from this thread -- ill delete the post after youve got the message

Should be fine now.
UBS was open yesterday just seems they had problems with their site.
Hey Guys,

How does GS recruit? Is it a first-come first serve basis? What is it like with the other firms?
Reply 357
Original post by thelion0
Hey Guys,

How does GS recruit? Is it a first-come first serve basis? What is it like with the other firms?

GS is one of the only firms who don't recruit on a rolling basis.
...(was a first year in Philosophy & Economics). Transferred to History this month (going into first year) so I'm attending this year too :tongue:

A bit random, but you sound like you will have some information on this matter. What is the rule/consensus on applying for Spring Weeks/Summer internships twice? My degree can be either 3 or 4 years (depending on whether I take certain extra modules), assuming I just wanted to do 3 years and apply for SWs in first year, but in my 2nd year decide to make it a 4 year course, am I eligible to apply for SWs again in my second year (as it's now my 2nd year of a 4 year course)?

The same could be applied to those who decide to do a masters but have done their summer internship in their 2nd year.

Sorry if this seems a little complicated, but hopefully it makes sense.
Reply 359
Original post by Selym95
A bit random, but you sound like you will have some information on this matter. What is the rule/consensus on applying for Spring Weeks/Summer internships twice? My degree can be either 3 or 4 years (depending on whether I take certain extra modules), assuming I just wanted to do 3 years and apply for SWs in first year, but in my 2nd year decide to make it a 4 year course, am I eligible to apply for SWs again in my second year (as it's now my 2nd year of a 4 year course)?

The same could be applied to those who decide to do a masters but have done their summer internship in their 2nd year.

Sorry if this seems a little complicated, but hopefully it makes sense.

I'm having this problem as well - I won't know if I'm good enough to go onto 4th year until 2nd year at least.

I'm assuming as long as we don't apply to the same places we got offers from this year, we'll be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending