The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Decided that IB is not for me. Why would you want to work from 9am to 3am everyday?
Reply 401
Original post by Alex-Torres
Decided that IB is not for me. Why would you want to work from 9am to 3am everyday?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/31/bc/93/31bc931ae7000129830e290967734888.jpg
Original post by Alex-Torres

Let's all calm down, it's not everyday.
Also IB=!IBD

Just because you may work 16hours in IBD doesn't mean you do in every division.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Let's all calm down, it's not everyday.
Also IB=!IBD

Just because you may work 16hours in IBD doesn't mean you do in every division.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you also have to work long hours in M&A - http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/joris-luyendijk-banking-blog/2012/jan/11/ex-mergers-and-acquisitions-banker

mate, M&A is a sub-branch within IBD/IB.

Look at S&T.

:facepalm:

Did you actually read what I wrote

Below poster hit the nail on the head

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are the Blackrock applications going?

Anyone going to morning event at the bright network on the 16th?
Original post by thelion0

Hmm not too bad - focusing on my Credit Suisse cover letter at the moment. How about you?

I am going to the morning IB event as well as the afternoon one.
Original post by John Maddon
Hmm not too bad - focusing on my Credit Suisse cover letter at the moment. How about you?

I am going to the morning IB event as well as the afternoon one.

I'll be starting Credit Suisse once I finish Blackrock. I'm using it to prepare for firms I would actually like to work at.

Yes I will also be going to the morning event. I wanted to know the format of the evening and why a video interview was required of us.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Got the invite but it conflicts with my Compulsury maths course for uni

Ah. It does seem like it will be a very insightful day. It is afternoon so may fit in your schedule?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to the morning event only.
Can anyone recommend me a 'textbook' which teaches you IB from the ground up?
Original post by Bushido Brown
I'm going to the morning event only.

Is the morning event anything special? I'm wondering just because of the video interview process.

Did you attend last year?
Original post by Szmessh
You are not at a target uni -> chances significantly drop (whatever these well informed folks say here in TSR.. don't listen to them), but it largely depends on what else you have on your CV. Also remember that all it takes is one, there are 9 BBs, if you get just a single SW, basically you get the chance to be very well postitioned at that particular bank's next year summer recruitment.

Don't have any finance experience -> chances drop a bit lower, but again, largely depends on what else do you have. Try anyway.

BBs? sorry; could you explain what this means please?
Is the morning event anything special? I'm wondering just because of the video interview process.

Did you attend last year?

No, this is my first time. I honestly don't know why they interview to be honest, I think the morning session is more structured.

Is Blackrock open? I'm on the website, but I can't find any insight days/spring weeks in the careers section.
Original post by tazza ma razza
BBs? sorry; could you explain what this means please?

'BB' stands for bulge bracket. Banks include KPMG, PwC, Rothchilds etc
No, this is my first time. I honestly don't know why they interview to be honest, I think the morning session is more structured.

Is Blackrock open? I'm on the website, but I can't find any insight days/spring weeks in the careers section.

here you go:

https://blackrock.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/xf-c67524b5e4bd/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/730-Insight-Program-EMEA/en-GB

much obliged good sir :smile:

Come on, no need to tease the guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Come on, no need to tease the guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Latest