The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Szmessh
Buy the numerical. Most of the time it's only that, although in some cases verbal and/or logical are also included.

For Talent Q, it's the Elements one -> again, I'd recommend buying only the numerical one.

Thank you Sir, I'll save money because of your reply :smile:
Original post by Szmessh
Buy the numerical. Most of the time it's only that, although in some cases verbal and/or logical are also included.

For Talent Q, it's the Elements one -> again, I'd recommend buying only the numerical one.

Wow thanks are these the best testing resources for Goldmans?
Reply 562
Original post by TheRenaissanceMan
Wow thanks are these the best testing resources for Goldmans?

GS doesn't pre-test actually, but there is every other info available on the link I gave a few posts before.
Original post by Hazard17
Hahahaha where are you finding these banking events?

yeah i found loads of these too (places like Bright Network/Rare etc) and especially that SEO one :frown:
Original post by Hazard17
Guys, does anyone a list of banks that recruit on a "rolling basis" and those that do now? it'd be a huge help, thanks!

I have a list of all that do SWs. Doesn't specify rolling basis & the likes. It's just a list.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
The amount of times now I've seen banking events that look good to apply to, and then noticed the diversity quotas you have to meet to be eligible for entry, ughhhhh

Tell me about it! I thought everyone would get equal opportunities to get into the industry but the only one I've been able to join so far is Bright network, don't think I fit any of the criteria to be eligible for the rest :redface:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I have a list of all that do SWs. Doesn't specify rolling basis & the likes. It's just a list.

Don't suppose you could send me this list?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Don't suppose you could send me this list?

Sure, it's in a doc. PM me your email and I'll send it through.

Applies to anyone else who might want it.
Tell me about it! I thought everyone would get equal opportunities to get into the industry but the only one I've been able to join so far is Bright network, don't think I fit any of the criteria to be eligible for the rest :redface:

Hey, we disadvantaged kids need the support :colonhash:

SEO | Rare | Brokerage Citylink | Bright Network here
Hey, we disadvantaged kids need the support :colonhash:

SEO | Rare | Brokerage Citylink | Bright Network here

But how are you disadvantaged exactly? I always thought if someone wanted to do something badly enough then they wouldn't let their disadvantages get the better of them and would do all in their power to reach where they wanted to be in life.
But how are you disadvantaged exactly? I always thought if someone wanted to do something badly enough then they wouldn't let their disadvantages get the better of them and would do all in their power to reach where they wanted to be in life.

Low income household / Ethnic minority / State school education (at an incredibly crappy school) / No-one to turn to for advice.

I tick most of the boxes for these programmes. Diversity is such a big initiative in the industry. Hell, I'm just playing the cards I'm dealt. If I can leverage my disadvantages, why not?

I'll send them through now.

edit: It's not a free ride. It's moreso these organisations showing disadvantaged kids the available opportunities out there. They will say, x & y firm are hosting events or they're looking for someone who wants to work shadow / work experience but the people who are apart of them apply like everyone else. They have the connections to industry and they hold skills workshops to develop people as individuals.
(edited 9 years ago)
Low income household / Ethnic minority / State school education (at an incredibly crappy school) / No-one to turn to for advice.

I tick most of the boxes for these programmes. Diversity is such a big initiative in the industry. Hell, I'm just playing the cards I'm dealt. If I can leverage my disadvantages, why not?

I'll send them through now.

Thanks I've received it now :smile:

Ah I see, well I pretty much tick all those boxes except for the fact I'm not really an ethnic minority, so because of that I'm not eligible for such schemes. I've always had to work for everything I have so I feel very proud with what I've got and achieved but it really doesn't mean anything when trying to get into the industry. I still won't let my disadvantages prevent me from doing what I want to do and I'm hoping that by the end of this year I'll have completed several spring week programmes, gained more work experience that is relevant and made myself the most valuable candidate for the banks to desire when it comes to summer internships! :biggrin:

We'll make it in if we try hard enough, just never give up!
Thanks I've received it now :smile:

Ah I see, well I pretty much tick all those boxes except for the fact I'm not really an ethnic minority, so because of that I'm not eligible for such schemes. I've always had to work for everything I have so I feel very proud with what I've got and achieved but it really doesn't mean anything when trying to get into the industry. I still won't let my disadvantages prevent me from doing what I want to do and I'm hoping that by the end of this year I'll have completed several spring week programmes, gained more work experience that is relevant and made myself the most valuable candidate for the banks to desire when it comes to summer internships! :biggrin:

We'll make it in if we try hard enough, just never give up!

Several? I'd be over the moon if I secure one. :lol:

All the best in the applications. :rolleyes:
Several? I'd be over the moon if I secure one. :lol:

All the best in the applications. :rolleyes:

Well one would be great, but I want to have the best possible chance when applying for summer internships and I feel like several would help me stand out, also hopefully they'll like the fact I'm taking a few extra courses relevant to the sector in my spare time. Not many people could have done the ICAEW CFAB, CISI Foundation module in Investment banking and securities and the claritas program before even starting a job in the sector
Reply 574
Guys, are the spring weeks also open for mid office positions such as Risk ? I want to ultimately get into Risk. I spent the summer (took a gap year) in DCM at a BB and I didn't quite like it very much, I don't think FO is for me so I'm sticking to middle.

Please let me know, I'd really appreciate it. Starting UCL this september. A Levels : Further Maths, Maths, Economics, ICT AAAA* and of course spent this summer before uni in DCM at a BB.

Thanks.
Well one would be great, but I want to have the best possible chance when applying for summer internships and I feel like several would help me stand out, also hopefully they'll like the fact I'm taking a few extra courses relevant to the sector in my spare time. Not many people could have done the ICAEW CFAB, CISI Foundation module in Investment banking and securities and the claritas program before even starting a job in the sector

lol good luck getting more than one spring week
Original post by Nigella
Guys, are the spring weeks also open for mid office positions such as Risk ? I want to ultimately get into Risk. I spent the summer (took a gap year) in DCM at a BB and I didn't quite like it very much, I don't think FO is for me so I'm sticking to middle.

Please let me know, I'd really appreciate it. Starting UCL this september. A Levels : Further Maths, Maths, Economics, ICT AAAA* and of course spent this summer before uni in DCM at a BB.

Thanks.

thats like asking if you have a chance of playing in championship after spending a year in the premiership, lol. You have a great chance.
Reply 577
Original post by Mr Chang
thats like asking if you have a chance of playing in championship after spending a year in the premiership, lol. You have a great chance.

Thanks so much :smile:
Waiting on Credit Suisse to respond to my response to their RSPV to attend 'Steps to Spring' on the 12th. Anyone else in the same position? Also, gutted I didn't find out about the morning session at the Bright Network event in time; I will be following this thread closely from now on.
Original post by Pro Crastination
Waiting on Credit Suisse to respond to my response to their RSPV to attend 'Steps to Spring' on the 12th. Anyone else in the same position? Also, gutted I didn't find out about the morning session at the Bright Network event in time; I will be following this thread closely from now on.

Yeah still waiting bro, should be hearing back tomorrow. Should be a useful addition on my CV as well as provide good tips on applying for spring weeks if we get in. Fingers crossed. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending