The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

If I get campus accommodation, will try to make it down on the morning of 20th September. Would be nice to be a bit settled in and have time to sort out dinner for the evening. Would give me time to give flatmates a hand and meet them when they're moving in also.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Original post by the greatest
oh that most likely the same day as me, I don't think I will tbh as I know the area well and also being from the UK. It's alot of money which is better suited for people coming to study in the UK for their first time, so I'm still undecided, might hop along some events if i don't attend it though.

Also thinking if coming on the 23/24th is a bit too late given most people settle in quickly and will know people by then : S

Yeah, I know what you mean. Me it's more to meet international students (and also for breakfast and dinner since I don't wanna cook during the first week hehe). I can tell you that the orientation week is a great week!

I wanted as well to come on the 20th but the eurostar is far too expensive on the 20th now... so I booked my train on the 23rd.
But I think a lot of students will move in on the 23rd as well (especially in Heronbank and Lakeside where there are a lot of international students), so hopefully I won't be the last one of my flat to move in. But anyway, it'll be only two days and half, so pretty sure it won't change a lot of things!
Original post by bulbokov
If I get campus accommodation, will try to make it down on the morning of 20th September. Would be nice to be a bit settled in and have time to sort out dinner for the evening. Would give me time to give flatmates a hand and meet them when they're moving in also.

yea 20th many students will come, you attending orientation week?

theres a list here saying all the events for the week

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/welcome/postgraduates/calendar/
Original post by Takius
Yeah, I know what you mean. Me it's more to meet international students (and also for breakfast and dinner since I don't wanna cook during the first week hehe). I can tell you that the orientation week is a great week!

I wanted as well to come on the 20th but the eurostar is far too expensive on the 20th now... so I booked my train on the 23rd.
But I think a lot of students will move in on the 23rd as well (especially in Heronbank and Lakeside where there are a lot of international students), so hopefully I won't be the last one of my flat to move in. But anyway, it'll be only two days and half, so pretty sure it won't change a lot of things!

yea exact same as me, meeting the students is the best thing about it. I hope so and yea I agree alot will come after the arrival weekend.

Free Breakfast/Dinner?? :eek: might reconsider orientation week
yea 20th many students will come, you attending orientation week?

theres a list here saying all the events for the week

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/welcome/postgraduates/calendar/

Nice, I hadn't seen that before. It looks like a busy week but it seems quite varied which is good. Thanks!
Reply 85
yea exact same as me, meeting the students is the best thing about it. I hope so and yea I agree alot will come after the arrival weekend.

Free Breakfast/Dinner?? :eek: might reconsider orientation week

And it is also said on the Orientation website that the fees will be adjusted according to your 50-weeks accommodation contract. So it'll normally be cheaper! :tongue:
Original post by Takius
And it is also said on the Orientation website that the fees will be adjusted according to your 50-weeks accommodation contract. So it'll normally be cheaper! :tongue:

I didn't realise orientation week is from 23rd to 26th thats even better as i can afford to miss 20/21st im thinking now,thats brilliant! :smile:
I wanted to go to the orientation week but I am a MSc in Economics student and they told me that I cant because my classes start on monday 22 😓. Anyone in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Room now taken.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 89
I finally got my accommodation offer today! So relieved, I'll be in Lakeside, anyone else?
Reply 90
Hey guys! I finally got my answer as well last Monday. I'll be living in Tocil, I'm so happy!!!! :biggrin: Can't wait to be on the 23rd!
Original post by Kat274
I finally got my accommodation offer today! So relieved, I'll be in Lakeside, anyone else?

well done, ill b at lakeside to!
Original post by Takius
Hey guys! I finally got my answer as well last Monday. I'll be living in Tocil, I'm so happy!!!! :biggrin: Can't wait to be on the 23rd!

well done, worth all the wait then! :smile:
Reply 93
well done, worth all the wait then! :smile:

Thank you Buddy! Are you finally attending the orientation week?!
Reply 94
well done, ill b at lakeside to!

thanks, you too! I think I'll be moving in on the 22nd or 23rd, my flight's cheaper then :P when are you planning to move in?
Original post by Takius
Thank you Buddy! Are you finally attending the orientation week?!

I decided to opt out of it at the last minute, but ill try and sneak my way into events on campus, should see you around warwick soon!
Original post by Kat274
thanks, you too! I think I'll be moving in on the 22nd or 23rd, my flight's cheaper then :P when are you planning to move in?

haha exact same, yea ill be moving on 23rd too, should see you at warwick soon!!
Reply 97
I decided to opt out of it at the last minute, but ill try and sneak my way into events on campus, should see you around warwick soon!

that's what I was planning to do, didn't really want to pay so much money. hopefully we'll be able to mingle anyway...:P
does anyone know how it works with the key collection and registration if you're not arriving on the designated date? do we need to email the accommodation office?
Original post by Kat274
that's what I was planning to do, didn't really want to pay so much money. hopefully we'll be able to mingle anyway...:P
does anyone know how it works with the key collection and registration if you're not arriving on the designated date? do we need to email the accommodation office?

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/faq/offernadarrivalinformation

all info above i think
Reply 99

Cheers! I'm starting to lose track of all the information, so many things to organise! Feeling a bit like a scared fresher again.

Quick Reply

Latest