The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
Oh really? That's sightly encouraging in the sense I would get some good practice.

Great, I know what you look like by face so I'll make the initiations :smile: I have you on Linkedin anyway.

I'll see you tomorrow :biggrin:
People going to the Bright Network... I'm getting the awful impression that only five banks are scheduled for their morning session - at least, that's what they've implied. Last year it was >10. Anyone else sceptical?
Whats this cs event that people are talking about? Also does anyone know whether nomura was just online form and tests? Someone told me no tele int for explore nomura, just for the womans programme, not sure if true or not.
Original post by welcometoib
Whats this cs event that people are talking about? Also does anyone know whether nomura was just online form and tests? Someone told me no tele int for explore nomura, just for the womans programme, not sure if true or not.

Credit Suisse - Steps to Spring. It's just a two hour talk over how to go through SW applications / tests / cover letter / CV. I think it's exclusive for those that applied to the A level - Steps to Success programme.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
People going to the Bright Network... I'm getting the awful impression that only five banks are scheduled for their morning session - at least, that's what they've implied. Last year it was >10. Anyone else sceptical?

looooooolz if Bright trolled you all

Don't see how it'd only be 5 companies though. Speed networking would not work otherwise.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Credit Suisse - Steps to Spring. It's just a two hour talk over how to go through SW applications / tests / cover letter / CV. I think it's exclusive for those that applied to the A level - Steps to Success programme.

ok, lemme know how it goes :smile:
I've been getting fishy vibes from Bright. They're advertising way too much for my liking...looks like they need people!
Original post by yl95
I've been getting fishy vibes from Bright. They're advertising way too much for my liking...looks like they need people!

Lol was thinking the same. Getting far too many emails from them recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 748
The lineup for the afternoon is very weak, re-considering if it's worth the travel if I'm honest
Anyone else a little unsure about how good the Bright Network festival will be this year? I've had numerous emails asking me to go to the morning session, even though I don't fit the requirements and now I've seen the afternoon session there doesn't seem to be such a big presence in banking to be there :redface:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Anyone else a little unsure about how good the Bright Network festival will be this year? I've had numerous emails asking me to go to the morning session, even though I don't fit the requirements and now I've seen the afternoon session there doesn't seem to be such a big presence in banking to be there :redface:

It's honestly looking ****. The banking presence is pathetic if it's only 5 firms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 751
Glad I didn't book flights :tongue:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
It's honestly looking ****. The banking presence is pathetic if it's only 5 firms

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, not sure I would be going if wasn't for the fact I've already paid for my transport.
Original post by CD315
Glad I didn't book flights :tongue:

I wish I waited until now to book my transport as it's costing me £60 to go down and see 5 banks. I don't think I'll be using the site again nor going to the next festival if it's just going to be like this.
I don't suppose anyone could tell me which banks I'm going to be missing out on by not attending the morning session of BN?
Reply 754
First SW application submitted :colone:
Original post by CD315

Congrats bro :biggrin:

Where to?
Original post by CD315

Very nice! :biggrin: Which place? I've been doing a TONNE of research today and have 15 applications all completed except for the cover letters! Just need to do those before submitting them
Reply 757
Original post by Hazard17
Congrats bro :biggrin:

Where to?

Original post by MathsNerd1
Very nice! :biggrin: Which place? I've been doing a TONNE of research today and have 15 applications all completed except for the cover letters! Just need to do those before submitting them

BAML. Surprised they didn't want a cover letter or CV though, was kind of expecting them to ask for one when I clicked submit haha.
Original post by yl95

Original post by B-Stacks
Lol was thinking the same. Getting far too many emails from them recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just thinking the same thing as well, I've been getting loads of emails from them too. I originally held a place for the morning event but chose to cancel yesterday due to personal circumstances, I don't think I'll be missing much anyway. Are you two going to the morning event, by any chance?
Original post by CD315
BAML. Surprised they didn't want a cover letter or CV though, was kind of expecting them to ask for one when I clicked submit haha.

What info did they want?

Latest

Trending

Trending