The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it worth remarking Psychology Edexcel paper 2 when I'm 5 UMS (roughly 3 raw marks off an a*)???

Also is it worth remarking OCR physics p4-p6 when I'm 4 UMS off (2 raw marks)???

Thanks!
Is it possible to remark a particular paper twice? I have just had a remark back for AQA Biology 3 which went up by 4 UMS thus bringing me within 1 UMS of an A* in the subject and I'm not sure whether or not to send it again or, if that's not possible, send a different unit for a remark?
Original post by Weaving
Is it possible to remark a particular paper twice? I have just had a remark back for AQA Biology 3 which went up by 4 UMS thus bringing me within 1 UMS of an A* in the subject and I'm not sure whether or not to send it again or, if that's not possible, send a different unit for a remark?

I'm not sure if you can remark a particular paper again - though, I know you can most definitely appeal! Saying that, remarking a different unit is definitely possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is 8UMS in OCR gcse History worth a remark? I am 8UMS to the next grade and 12UMS above the previous grade...
Reply 404
Hi,
I took my French GCSE in year 10 and received a B (one mark off an A). However, I did not know that the grade boundaries would be available online around the time of getting our results, and my teachers did not make me aware that I was a mark off either.

Is it possible to get a remark for a GCSE that was attained in June 2013?

Thank you.
Original post by ok2
Hi,
I took my French GCSE in year 10 and received a B (one mark off an A). However, I did not know that the grade boundaries would be available online around the time of getting our results, and my teachers did not make me aware that I was a mark off either.

Is it possible to get a remark for a GCSE that was attained in June 2013?

Thank you.

No, you can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FutureMedic97
Is 8UMS in OCR gcse History worth a remark? I am 8UMS to the next grade and 12UMS above the previous grade...

Anyone pleaseeee???
Anyone pleaseeee???

My exams officer said she only recommends it if you're 2 or less ums aways, although there have been loads of cases where people end up gaining/losing like 10 marks.
It's all up to you and whether you think you largely underperformed. Bear in mind ocr is also the most expensive exam board to remark (~£40) so if you're prepared to lose that, then go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 408
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Is it worth remarking Psychology Edexcel paper 2 when I'm 5 UMS (roughly 3 raw marks off an a*)???

Also is it worth remarking OCR physics p4-p6 when I'm 4 UMS off (2 raw marks)???

Thanks!

I'd just leave it for both tbh. An A grade is still very good and it is rare for marks to change in subjects like Physics.

Anyone pleaseeee???

I'd leave it personally - 8 UMS is a fair amount. :smile:

Original post by Mattwebberley
Hi, do you know the grade boundaries for history, English Lang and lit? It would also be really helpful to know the maximum ums for each unit

You can find the grade boundaries on the Grade Boundaries thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2743928

Original post by Joeboyshop

I got an A in english language GCSE, but my teacher and I expected me to get an A*. I don't need the higher grade, but it is something I would really like. My UMS score was 269, and an A* needed 270. An A is 240, so I would need to lose 30 points to get a B, which equates to losing 8 raw marks in the exam. I know I could lose the money, but that doesn't bother me, what would is if I got a B. Has anyone had any experience with this or do you if 8 marks is a lot f marks to drop?

Thanks in advance

If you're not too bothered about losing the money, you may as well go for it I'd say. It's unlikely (but not impossible) for your mark to drop by that much but no one on here can say for certain. :smile:

Original post by violetta23
I achieved an A in AQA GCSE French (full course) and the exams officer told me I am 5 raw marks off an A*. Considering that the writing and speaking components of the exam are a bit more subjective, do you think I should apply for a remark? I know that the read/listening are unlikely to change as they are more objectively or rigidly marked and it's an exam...So....what do people think? I was really disappointed with my A as I worked my ass off. My teacher even said she's a harsh marker but my home tutor for French was a native speaker who proofread it several times and said the writing was perfect? :frown:

If these are controlled assessments and they were first marked by a teacher before a sample was sent off to be moderated, there is no easy way to get writing or speaking remarked unless the school say so, I'm afraid. :no:
Reply 409
Hi. I submitted my Edexcel GCSE History A Unit 2C (code: 5HA02C) for a remark last Thursday (11th September) as I was one mark (2 UMS) off an A* overall and if my mark on this paper goes up by 1 mark (2 UMS), then I will have an A* overall. I have heard of people gaining 19 UMS in a remark for Geography. Has anyone got a remark for Edexcel GCSE History A? Thanks.
Hi guys should I get a remark for maths edexcel I got 161/164. 81 on paper 1 and 80 on paper 2. I was 3 marks off. Is there any chance of the grade increasing ? Also I was 3 ums off a* in German out of the entire course 267/300 - 270 needed for a*. Should I consider a remark for some components ? I done edexcel German. Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Wat do u need atleast to get a C in english lang. Aqa bcuz I got 181 points nd a C wen my cntrlled assessment were all As and A* so getting a C was really shocking, also it was an early entry so I was in yr10. Also whrn is the resit for it? Thnx.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 412
Original post by IhateMichealGove
Hi guys should I get a remark for maths edexcel I got 161/164. 81 on paper 1 and 80 on paper 2. I was 3 marks off. Is there any chance of the grade increasing ? Also I was 3 ums off a* in German out of the entire course 267/300 - 270 needed for a*. Should I consider a remark for some components ? I done edexcel German. Thanks

There is a chance in both cases, but it's probably a low chance tbh. :sadnod:

Original post by geek4ev15
Wat do u need atleast to get a C in english lang. Aqa bcuz I got 181 points nd a C wen my cntrlled assessment were all As and A* so getting a C was really shocking, also it was an early entry so I was in yr10. Also whrn is the resit for it? Thnx.

What was your grade overall?

You may have the option to retake in November, if not in June.
I got 359 UMS in Core Science, needing 360 UMS for A*.

The breakdown was:
88 UMS - Biology
87 UMS - Chemistry
94 UMS - Physics
90 UMS - ISA

My school have said they are going to send either my biology or chemistry (or both) for a remark. Can anyone tell me the likelihood of it going up?
Original post by jordkell
I got 359 UMS in Core Science, needing 360 UMS for A*.

The breakdown was:
88 UMS - Biology
87 UMS - Chemistry
94 UMS - Physics
90 UMS - ISA

My school have said they are going to send either my biology or chemistry (or both) for a remark. Can anyone tell me the likelihood of it going up?

They could go up. I mean 1 mark is possible and not unlikely in the slightest. I've sent off one of my science papers with a need of 3 marks - unlikely to go up, I think, but worth a try, as you'll never know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My overall gradee was a C but my teacher disagreed bcuz my assessments were all A graded so im having a remark bt I dnt knw if 181 points is a low or middle C?
Original post by geek4ev15
My overall gradee was a C but my teacher disagreed bcuz my assessments were all A graded so im having a remark bt I dnt knw if 181 points is a low or middle C?

You're one UMS into a C - very risky, as losing one mark will take you down to a D.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My geography remark came back 3 raw marks up and I needed 4 in order to get the A*. I have one paper that I didn't get remarked, does anyone think it's worth sending it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econam
My geography remark came back 3 raw marks up and I needed 4 in order to get the A*. I have one paper that I didn't get remarked, does anyone think it's worth sending it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in the exact position that you are in, 4 marks off an a* so got unit 1 remarked and it went up by 3. I decided to put unit 2 in for a remark and it should be coming back in the next day.
Original post by tomroberts12
I was in the exact position that you are in, 4 marks off an a* so got unit 1 remarked and it went up by 3. I decided to put unit 2 in for a remark and it should be coming back in the next day.

For me I would be sending unit 3. Anyway good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest