The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Szmessh
Would it really bring down your scores? I thought it's just about how many of the 20 you get right?

I have no idea, I think you're right though haha - oh wellll it's done now ;P
Original post by Szmessh
Would it really bring down your scores? I thought it's just about how many of the 20 you get right?

They mark your accuracy and speed brah so if you don't know the answer, don't guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
They mark your accuracy and speed brah so if you don't know the answer, don't guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which tests does this apply to? That's tough
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Which tests does this apply to? That's tough

I believe it's all of them. That's how they work and can percentile you for each to give you an overall score.

I remember on some of the SW tests I'd only get through like 15 questions but must have got 100% on them or so because never got dinged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When we have to 'fill out work experience' I never know if it's acceptable to just copy the description on my CV :sigh:
Original post by justanothergirl4
When we have to 'fill out work experience' I never know if it's acceptable to just copy the description on my CV :sigh:

Some might say it's worth rewording it slightly but I'd copy & paste. There's really no benefit in changing it unless it's one of those short essay questions
Original post by Stickman
Jesus Christ finally thanks for that response. I'm in that exact same position and will apply to SW this year even though I'm in my first year of both 3/4 years. BEng or maybe MEng I don't know quite yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless it's an integrated masters, you can apply. It's really not that difficult to understand :lol:

If you opt to do a masters later on, that's different :tongue:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Some might say it's worth rewording it slightly but I'd copy & paste. There's really no benefit in changing it unless it's one of those short essay questions

Thanks; I copied it from my CV and bulked it up ever so slightly haha. :smile:
Original post by justanothergirl4
Unless it's an integrated masters, you can apply. It's really not that difficult to understand :lol:

If you opt to do a masters later on, that's different :tongue:

This!
Still on the BAML application form :teehee:
I'm looking to start some of my cover letters @.@
No. I'm on a 4 yr by default. But it's up to me if I want to just do 3 years. 'Hissy fit' - mate, Refrain from giving advice on a topic which you might not know much about. Cheers

Just to let you know, I'm also on a 4 year course, by default and therefore couldn't apply for any spring weeks last year, the banks will just bin your application if you don't meet eligibility requirements. By all means seek out relevant work experience this year, but it's better to leave your applications for spring weeks until next year. That way you've had a whole year to prepare and should hopefully be successful in gaining an offer. :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Just to let you know, I'm also on a 4 year course, by default and therefore couldn't apply for any spring weeks last year, the banks will just bin your application if you don't meet eligibility requirements. By all means seek out relevant work experience this year, but it's better to leave your applications for spring weeks until next year. That way you've had a whole year to prepare and should hopefully be successful in gaining an offer. :smile:

This is true if you put down on your application your expected graduation date is 2018. However, if you choose to put 2017 as you are unsure whether you will be doing a 3/4 year course they wouldn't be able to find out and therefore it wouldn't hinder your application.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't take SW app seriously this year anyway. It won't come to of any good cos my A levels are not pretty lol. Yeah I'll just focus on developing skills and academia this year.
Yeah I mean I wouldn't take SW app seriously this year anyway. It won't come to of any good cos my A levels are not pretty lol. Yeah I'll just focus on developing skills and academia this year.

If your A-Level grades are below the filter, it probably won't make much difference between this year and next.
Original post by John Maddon
This is true if you put down on your application your expected graduation date is 2018. However, if you choose to put 2017 as you are unsure whether you will be doing a 3/4 year course they wouldn't be able to find out and therefore it wouldn't hinder your application.

Maybe it's just me, but if I had originally applied to a 4 year course and that's what I got into then putting you graduate a year before you actually do isn't right. I know anyone who is on the 4 year course for my subject only applied to it because they were pretty set on doing the masters included. I think that it would only work one way, that is you're currently on a 3 year course, so apply for spring weeks during first year, but once you've finished the year you decide you want to do a masters as well, this way you can then apply for spring weeks during second year as well. I just don't think it should work the same way in reversal. That's just my opinion though.
Original post by Noble.
If your A-Level grades are below the filter, it probably won't make much difference between this year and next.

They're A*ABB and I'll be going to UCL. Is it below the filter?
Maybe it's just me, but if I had originally applied to a 4 year course and that's what I got into then putting you graduate a year before you actually do isn't right. I know anyone who is on the 4 year course for my subject only applied to it because they were pretty set on doing the masters included. I think that it would only work one way, that is you're currently on a 3 year course, so apply for spring weeks during first year, but once you've finished the year you decide you want to do a masters as well, this way you can then apply for spring weeks during second year as well. I just don't think it should work the same way in reversal. That's just my opinion though.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I believe securing a spring week and then possibly a fast track will change peoples decisions on what they are doing at university. I guess it depends on the situation but I think it can work both ways.

That's above the filter.

Most banks stipulate 320 UCAS points from top 3 A levels. So absolutely not. I think Nomura has requirements of 300 actually. However, that is minimum requirements and a lot of candidates will exceed that.

Latest

Trending

Trending