The Student Room Group

Soon-To-Be Year 10s: What GCSEs are you going to be doing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chelsea12345
Oh right. Is it an interesting subject to study or just one of those not so likable ones? want to know since i was thinking of choosing Business but in the end , didnt so just kept thinking if i made the right choice. :smile:

If you really like business and are eager to learn it, it is really interesting. However, if you don't like it, it's really tedious. I quite like it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
Congratulations on your A grade in the ITQ. For my GCSE's I'm taking;

English Literature
English Language
Triple Science
Maths
Further Maths
History
Business
ICT
RE

I have also just achieved an A* in my first piece of History coursework, which I am ecstatic about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!! I am about to do my first piece of English coursework. I am quite nervous, but I don't think I'll do awfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophie !
Well done!! I am about to do my first piece of English coursework. I am quite nervous, but I don't think I'll do awfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, good luck to you. These are only our first drafts and so we can improve throughout the year until they have to be handed in, in Year 11. I have finished my first draft of my first piece of English Literature Coursework and I am halfway though the second, which is descriptive writing about the movie "The Impossible". I have also started my ICT coursework as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, good luck to you. These are only our first drafts and so we can improve throughout the year until they have to be handed in, in Year 11. I have finished my first draft of my first piece of English Literature Coursework and I am halfway though the second, which is descriptive writing about the movie "The Impossible". I have also started my ICT coursework as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my ICT a couple of years ago, but it was only a GCSE equivalent: ITQ. I got an A which I'm happy with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophie !
I did my ICT a couple of years ago, but it was only a GCSE equivalent: ITQ. I got an A which I'm happy with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations I have just got 2 A's in my first two pieces of English coursework but they can be improved throughout the year. I have also already got an A* in my in my first piece of History coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations I have just got 2 A's in my first two pieces of English coursework but they can be improved throughout the year. I have also already got an A* in my in my first piece of History coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very well done! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths
further pure maths
triple science
geography
economics
spanish
and obviously english lang and english lit
In the last mock I got an A which i was proud of considering i find it quite difficult. I have a controlled assessment in February about python i think.
How do you find it ?
Having just switched schools, I've had to reselect my options which are:

French (one of my favourite subjects, but was very tempted to select Psychology which was in the same block - WHY make me choose between my two passions???)
Sociology
Performing Arts (other options were Art and Computer Studies; my drawing skills haven't really improved since I was five years old and I don't know a thing about Algebra which is apparently necessary to use a computer)
Core Science

For some reason, my school only offers IGCSE English Language which, despite IGCSEs claiming to be more difficult, has so far been pretty easy. Coursework is a doddle, especially as it is far more relaxed than sitting a controlled assessment which used to scare the hell out of me!

Quick Reply

Latest