The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tru.and
hi guys, i've found this topic searching info about IB on google. i write to ask you if you think that the location of the application compared with the country where you live can influence the final decision of the examiners. what i mean is: if i apply for a position in singapore, but i m from italy, do i have for this asian application the same chances of a position in europe?

sorry guys, i quote again my question if someone can give me an answer please
Does anyone know how the pwc video interviews work? I'm not sure if you are able to record and delete if you want to or whether it records your first attempt only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CS rejection fml. Shoulda applied to finance.
Original post by Anonynous

CS reject everyone - they have a weird obsession with ECs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1264
What would be a better department to apply for seen as I don't go to a target and IBD seems out of the question;

Operations or finance with a view of maybe climbing to IBD in the future?

when did you apply?
Original post by aaa123123
when did you apply?

On the weekend that's just passed.

that's like getting a lse econ rejection and then saying **** that was competitive, should have applied to sussex, no offense intended. You have 15 places left lol, cs like ecs more than any other bank. What division, did you pass the tests?
Reply 1268
ECs?
Original post by will2348
CS reject everyone - they have a weird obsession with ECs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hows life? nomura are coming to warwick for the like the first time ever, and its a talk just for first years, with option to give out cv at the end. I cant go. :frown::frown:
Original post by Aionis
ECs?

extra currics. On cs sw app they give up to 10 slots for extra currics.
Reply 1271
Who does 10 ECs lol? I'm in my fourth year of studies and I've been able to put 5 only.
Original post by welcometoib
that's like getting a lse econ rejection and then saying **** that was competitive, should have applied to sussex, no offense intended. You have 15 places left lol, cs like ecs more than any other bank. What division, did you pass the tests?

It would seem as though I've passed the test. I went full on IBD/Equities/Fixed Income & Securities.
hows life? nomura are coming to warwick for the like the first time ever, and its a talk just for first years, with option to give out cv at the end. I cant go. :frown::frown:

Cancel everything, get your CV in there.
Reply 1274
Anyone going to the LSE investment banking conference by any chance? Im a first year and dont know if it would be worth it

Had MS first round for summer - heard nothing. But got Accenture final round for year placement and rejected from Barclays final round for summer also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quroh
What would be a better department to apply for seen as I don't go to a target and IBD seems out of the question;

Operations or finance with a view of maybe climbing to IBD in the future?

Assuming that nobody cares of giving me an answer, i answer to you: if you find too hard to move directly in IBD try operations better, it seems to be the easier one. A friend of mine started with that for nomura, and later he has been called by rothschild IB.
(edited 9 years ago)

when's this man?
Anyone else struggling to find the time for cover letters? Even though first year is meant to be really easy compared to the years to come, the amount of work I'm getting set is making it really difficult to sit down and actually get anything done :frown:
Original post by Bloxorus
Anyone else struggling to find the time for cover letters? Even though first year is meant to be really easy compared to the years to come, the amount of work I'm getting set is making it really difficult to sit down and actually get anything done :frown:

That's why I started early. It's long.

Latest

Trending

Trending