The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smashzeJ
Buy the all in numerical pack at Canary Wharfian. There are other providers like AssessmentDay/GradMonkey but to be honest there's not much difference between them.

This is not true the Canaray Wharfian ones were over-priced and horrible. I bought them myself. Compared to others they are not good in terms of cost:content ratios.

I would rather throw money in a bin than buy products from that website. The team are spamming/Inboxing student room users every five seconds because they are trying to gain more users/sales.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cutmeloose
I'd hope that your lowly estimations of RBC didn't come across in your application..

Applying for summer positions, and I've been rejected by Nomura, RBC, CS and some offers.

Yet, I've secured at least first rounds at MS, Barclays, Greenhill, Lazard.. Just wait it out before you give up hope.

For you to be getting rejected this early in the cycle, you must be failing the tests and have something fairly dodgy on your application.

Depends in (1) Which order you did the applications, i.e. first apps will usually be duds. I.e. failing numericals etc, not choosing the right divison for you. And (2) what roles you applied for.

I'd be shocked if you got pass a few rounds at Lazard, but got rejected by RBC and CS, with the same type of application/application to the same division.

If you can get through rounds at the top boutiques your CV/Profile should show enough focus for MS, Goldmans, JP. Surprised.
Where is the link for Lazard spring week?
Original post by gytautask
Where is the link for Lazard spring week?

To my knowledge, they don't run one. Look out for networking events though at their London offices - well worth going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm pretty sure Lazard don't do a Spring Week.
Anybody heard from Citi yet?
Speaking to a HR rep the other day who was saying that they are starting to reply to applications..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys,
Anyone know if I should contact Rothschild?
Application status is still the same.
Original post by IB Fanboy
Guys,

I applied in mid-september and I haven't heard anything either
Most HR people that I've spoken to say they have started some interviews for summer but haven't even considered getting round to spring yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IB Fanboy
Guys,

Way too early to be getting in touch about your application at this stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1348
In terms of knowledge, what expectations does the industry have on you as a spring week applicant? Should you invest time studying the basic stuff, such as basic conceptions of the stock market (EPS, P/E, Swaps, Options, CDOs and other derivatives), different business valuation methods etc?

Or is it simply enough to have some knowledge about the different divisions in the banks and what they do to profit?

An answer would be highly appreciated!
Reply 1349
Original post by Swef
In terms of knowledge, what expectations does the industry have on you as a spring week applicant? Should you invest time studying the basic stuff, such as basic conceptions of the stock market (EPS, P/E, Swaps, Options, CDOs and other derivatives), different business valuation methods etc?

Or is it simply enough to have some knowledge about the different divisions in the banks and what they do to profit?

An answer would be highly appreciated!

Expectations are pretty low, just demonstrate an interest in the industry such that if asked about it, you can talk about something different from most people - don't talk about something that's so widely reported that it's even headline news in the non-financial press.

For instance, you could get asked in an interview to talk about a story/development that will impact the bank you're applying to, a lot of people might talk about ECB stress tests or recent market volatility, and they might get offers from talking well about it, but it will be difficult to differentiate yourself, whereas if you talked about Saudi opening up it's stock market or something, you'll probably me a more memorable candidate, which for a SW I'd argue is better than talking really technically about a well known topic.
Reply 1350
Interviews at Credit Suisse, Citi, Deutsche and BlackRock.

Easy.
Original post by Olliee

Easy.

Clearly trolling
Reply 1352
Original post by kingofbanking
Clearly trolling

And yet the so-called king of banking has no offers, no spring weeks, and no hope in life.
Original post by Olliee

Easy.

For Spring Weeks? When did you send your apps?

I know for a fact BR and Citi haven't started giving out invites.
Hi guys,
has anyone else also received an email from JP Morgan that invites you to a spring week live talk (which doesn't seem to be an interview invite though)?

And besides, it only says at "2.30pm", so since I go to a Swiss university, I'm not sure whether they mean Middle European time or Greenwich/London time. The fact that their EMEA Graduate Recruitment is located in London implies that its Greenwich time but I just want to make sure.
Reply 1355
I can't seem to find a link to Blackrock's spring week, could someone kindly help me out?
Original post by KennyC
I can't seem to find a link to Blackrock's spring week, could someone kindly help me out?

*sigh* https://blackrock.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/xf-57bc659f3d82/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/730-Insight-Program-EMEA/en-GB
Original post by doiwannaknow
Hi guys,
has anyone else also received an email from JP Morgan that invites you to a spring week live talk (which doesn't seem to be an interview invite though)?

And besides, it only says at "2.30pm", so since I go to a Swiss university, I'm not sure whether they mean Middle European time or Greenwich/London time. The fact that their EMEA Graduate Recruitment is located in London implies that its Greenwich time but I just want to make sure.

London time. I signed up a few days ago but have forgotten all the details, please remind me the day?
Hi,

The canary wharfian link doesn't work anymore?

Was wondering if anyone got which banks do which brand of tests? kenexa/SHL ?

Would be much appreciated,

Latest

Trending

Trending