The Student Room Group

Meanwhile in Malaysia...

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by margalo
A Muslim consumer group wants mineral water bottles with picture of Hindu deity removed.

http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2014/11/04/logo-feared-elements-worship-water/

The label has a picture of a giant statue located outside Batu Caves which is a shrine and a popular tourist destination.

Stupidity has reached a whole new level.

there has been higher levels before this......
Original post by margalo

Stupidity has reached a whole new level.

A drop in the ocean of stupidity unfortunately.
I think the OP is a bit misleading. They questioned the use of the Halal logo on such bottles.

There would be no issue if the Halal logo was not there.
Original post by Ankabout
I think the OP is a bit misleading. They questioned the use of the Halal logo on such bottles.

There would be no issue if the Halal logo was not there.

Why is it an issue?

is the water not halal?
Original post by Radicalathiest
Why is it an issue?

is the water not halal?

Yeah but a picture of Hindu deity cannot be Halal can it?
Yeah but a picture of Hindu deity cannot be Halal can it?

But it's the water that is halal not the bottle it comes in

But seriously shouldn't the fact it's clean water be more important then an image on the bottle

But talk about messed up priorities :biggrin:
Reply 7
Malaysia is a Muslim country so what's the issue?
Reply 8
I just have to mention since I've been to Malaysia a fair few times that a lot of them would think this is stupid and of no concern at all. The Malaysians that I have met literally mix with everybody of whatever religion and race...

Just had to get that out of the way since I don't think people should confuse areas like Malaysia with Saudia Arabia etc

But yeah on topic, that is pretty stupid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Badshah

What is the point that you are making?

If the EDL and similar groups were in uproar over a mosque being built, would you simply reply "England is a Christian country, so what's the issue?"
This "religion" is beyond hope.
What about stuff where the packaging has pictures of animals on it, why don't Muslims complain about that? It seems you can't fart in the wrong direction for fear of upsetting Muslims.
Original post by The Epicurean
What is the point that you are making?

If the EDL and similar groups were in uproar over a mosque being built, would you simply reply "England is a Christian country, so what's the issue?"

England is no more a Christian country.
England is no more a Christian country.

And Malaysia is a Muslim country how exactly? Considering like 20% of the population is Buddhist and a further 10% are Christian, it would be difficult to claim Malaysia is a Muslim nation while claiming England is not Christian.
Original post by Badshah

Are you saying that we should be preparing for a similar move if and when muslims become the majority in the UK?
Reply 15
Original post by masterridley
Are you saying that we should be preparing for a similar move if and when muslims become the majority in the UK?

Yes but that won't happen so don't worry.
Original post by Badshah
Yes but that won't happen so don't worry.

You understand that you're providing justification to the anti-muslim extremists for expelling you guys, right?
Reply 17
Original post by masterridley
You understand that you're providing justification to the anti-muslim extremists for expelling you guys, right?

I don't really care in all honesty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending