The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE, KCL, UCL or ICL

Hi I want to know which of this universities are the most diverse ones (UCL, ICL, KCL or LSE). One of my friends studied at LSE and told me, that LSE is in some cases diverse, but in some cases also not diverse. You will find a lot of people from East ans South Asia, North America and Latin America and Europe. But the chance of meeting people from Africa or the Caribbean is rare, and also people from Australia or New Zealand or the Middle East are hard to find at LSE. Another friend who studied at Imperial College, told me, that at Imperial it is more or less the same. Is that true? I want to know how is the community at KCL or UCL?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I want to know which of this universities are the most diverse ones (UCL, ICL, KCL or LSE). One of my friends studied at LSE and told me, that LSE is in some cases diverse, but in some cases also not diverse. You will find a lot of people from East ans South Asia, North America and Latin America and Europe. But the chance of meeting people from Africa or the Caribbean is rare, and also people from Australia or New Zealand or the Middle East are hard to find at LSE. Another friend who studied at Imperial College, told me, that at Imperial it is more or less the same. Is that true? I want to know how is the community at KCL or UCL?

LSE is 70% International with a significant number of Chinese students from China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

Imperial is also about 40% International, but less so than LSE and you will find a lot of bright students as STEM subjects require 2A*'s like Cambridge and some Oxford courses.

KCL is 35% International, so not much different to Imperial really?! But you will see a much more diverse range of nationalities represented at KCL as it offers all kinds of courses.

UCL is about 30% International students, but once again a significant number are from China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Thailand. You will enjoy UCL much more than LSE and ICL because there is a sense of 'inclusion' in the atmosphere and everyone is so friendly. :smile:

You could also live in INTERCOLLEGIATE LONDON UNIVERSITY HALLS OF RESIDENCE? There you would make a lot of life long and great friendships.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
LSE is 70% International with a significant number of Chinese students from China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

Imperial is also about 40% International, but less so than LSE and you will find a lot of bright students as STEM subjects require 2A*'s like Cambridge and some Oxford courses.

KCL is 35% International, so not much different to Imperial really?! But you will see a much more diverse range of nationalities represented at KCL as it offers all kinds of courses.

UCL is about 30% International students, but once again a significant number are from China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Thailand. You will enjoy UCL much more than LSE and ICL because there is a sense of 'inclusion' in the atmosphere and everyone is so friendly. :smile:

You could also live in INTERCOLLEGIATE LONDON UNIVERSITY HALLS OF RESIDENCE? There you would make a lot of life long and great friendships.

Based on your description, KCL seems the most diverse one. I was struggling where to go between UCL and KCL. The other two universities (LSE and ICL) have a high tuition fees. Thanks for your information, I will definitely pick up an intercollegiate London university hall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending