The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yii Yann
Rebecca was 321 days right? So you'd add a day for leap year, minus 49 so you get the distance between the original guy and rebecca, giving you 273. This divided by 7 gives you 39.

Ah sh*t.

Just saw a f*cking calendar and realized I'm wrong about having to add a day at the end. Messed up and didn't remember that for days you count the initial day too. When doing the TSA basic skills seem to go out of the window -.-

She was either the 2nd or 5th name. I can't quite recall.

Don't panic! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the names were chronologically ordered
and the 4th name was ruth which was born in november,
november should be around 321into the year
Original post by BanterTrain
You must have been skipping a lot of school when you were age 6, because there is definitely 1 more day in a leap year

Lol I meant it the other way around, you have to just add 1 day then divide by 7
Just checking, everyone got 51 secs for the cyclist one right?

And I remember one about a main road, a side road and a pedestrian crossing... Anyone recall this?
Just checking, everyone got 51 secs for the cyclist one right?

And I remember one about a main road, a side road and a pedestrian crossing... Anyone recall this?

I think I got 51 seconds (I just remember seeing this number somewhere!)

I remember which question you are talking about but I can't remember what I put.
I swear the name one was not for a leap year... if it was... f***
Reply 886
51 is right
Reply 887
I thought for the birthday days (50, 123, 150, 250, 350, 321) were given for when it was a leap year, and the question asked who had the same birthday when it is NOT a leap year?
Anyone remember the second question? something like two people drive alternately to work... What do you guys get for that one?
Reply 889
Original post by Cat and Goldfish
Anyone remember the second question? something like two people drive alternately to work... What do you guys get for that one?

I can't remember exactly but the number 12 comes to mind for some reason (could be thinking about the wrong question)
Can anyone else remember any questions?
Reply 891
Anyone remember the first question? i think i got C
Original post by GailQ
I thought for the birthday days (50, 123, 150, 250, 350, 321) were given for when it was a leap year, and the question asked who had the same birthday when it is NOT a leap year?

I seem to recall nothing was for leap years, though the more I think about it, the more implausible it sounds

The traffic lights one? I think I got 31 seconds for that (not sure if it's right though).
What did people get for the number of great-grandparents the person had? Also, can anyone remember the answer to question 3?-can remember I was uncertain about it but can't remember what it was.
Original post by GailQ
I can't remember exactly but the number 12 comes to mind for some reason (could be thinking about the wrong question)

Edit: Scrap that, 25 days of driving, 13 being the answer (because it was most days, right? I can't quite remember, haha).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 895
Original post by Djangoo
There was one one on holidays and getting as close to £600 as possible..

Posted from TSR Mobile

For that one I started with Cyprus calculated it and got 590, decided not to check the others as it was a convincing enough answer :P Probably not a good strategy lol
Original post by anonymousman
The traffic lights one? I think I got 31 seconds for that (not sure if it's right though).
What did people get for the number of great-grandparents the person had? Also, can anyone remember the answer to question 3?-can remember I was uncertain about it but can't remember what it was.

Fairly sure the traffic lights one was 2+10+2+20+2 = 46

Original post by Djangoo
There was one one on holidays and getting as close to £600 as possible..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this was a trick question because they didnt explicitly mention that you were getting the £390 flights to cyprus, which meant that number came out to be 1410 (or 10 off the the target number)

Original post by Christensenson
I'm fairly sure I got a total of 23 days of driving, and the question asked for maximum number of days for one of 'em, so that'd be 12.

I got 14 for this, if a 31 day month starts on a Saturday then there should be 27 days in which people drive, and the maximum one could drive would be 14 (but on retrospect I either made a mistake or misremember the question because I think the answer is 13)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BanterTrain

I got 14 for this, if a 31 day month starts on a Saturday then there should be 27 days in which people drive, and the maximum one could drive would be 14 (but on retrospect I either made a mistake or misremember the question because I think the answer is 13)

Yeah, I edited mine right after posting - got 13 when doing it now (though could of course be misremembering).
Original post by Sav12
Anyone remember the first question? i think i got C

Think I got CBBC for the first four?

I also know I got a triple CCC and a triple BBB at some point haha
Original post by Djangoo
If I remember correctly. Mon-fri 1 once a week you drive. Saturday only once. You Swap alternate weeks. The month was 31 days long. Therfore 4 weeks atleast. So 6x4 = 24, 24/2 = 12. Now the 3 days left could be Mon-wed. Therefore 3 more days for someone. Since maximum number of days I then said 12+3=15.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I remember it as driving alternate days (and Saturdays happening every other week). Dang it, might have misread it then.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending