The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by einot
Can anyone remember the first and third essay questions?

I know the third on is should western nations refuse to trade with countries that use child labour? The first one has something to do with medical testing
Original post by NorthernTory
Feeling worse and worse after every answer that's posted.

Completely agree
Original post by NorthernTory
Feeling worse and worse after every answer that's posted.

True, but at least this way I can calculate the number of questions I got wrong so I know exactly how unlikely I am to get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the threshold for interview change according to college choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else get Paris for the city in which the remaining funds would equal $600?
Reply 945
Original post by american.
Did anyone else get Paris for the city in which the remaining funds would equal $600?

I did :smile:
Reply 946
Yes, I got Paris as well. That trip cost came to just over 1400, if I remember correctly, so very close to 600 remaining. Everything else was really far off the mark except for one other option which was like 1600 or something.
Original post by Froydel

me too.
Reply 948
Original post by sellerofdreams
Does the threshold for interview change according to college choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. It's a centrally decided thing by the department. That's why you get reallocations to try and even it out amongst colleges.
Original post by Teddysmith123
Oh ok thanks I guess if I receive a message from Oxford on the 30th or even before it will either be the best birthday I've had or the worst! :tongue:

I'm sure it'll be a nice present this year :smile:
Original post by faezior
Yes, I got Paris as well. That trip cost came to just over 1400, if I remember correctly, so very close to 600 remaining. Everything else was really far off the mark except for one other option which was like 1600 or something.

Original post by ernstol
me too.

Original post by Froydel

Original post by american.

Pretty sure I got this as well. Did it leave him with 610? Or something
Original post by Dprince

I thought the costs were somewhere around 1440 or so :redface:
Original post by ernstol
I thought the costs were somewhere around 1440 or so :redface:

I remember 1440 too
What scores are you guys expecting ? :tongue:
In all of my practice tests, I had passed, thinking that the test was an hour long. That said, I was nervous on the test day. We shall see.
Reading through this thread after test day makes me realize how many silly mistakes I've made. It's not even funny at this stage :frown:. Anyways, I'm applying for E&M, and the thresholds are probably way higher... And you say we'll get to know by 30th Nov, latest? I also wanted to ask: Is the TSA a small part of everything in the application they assess, or is it a huge deal?
Reply 956
Original post by Dprince

I thought Cyprus would get it closer to £600? The total cost for that was £1410, so that would leave them £590, as opposed to £560 if they went to Paris. I could be wrong though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GailQ
I got 500g/500 calories for that, which ended up being the simplest calculation for the whole question.

I put that out of pure confusion; 100g was 500 calories or something. Hopefully I got it right then :smile:
Original post by Tantheta
Reading through this thread after test day makes me realize how many silly mistakes I've made. It's not even funny at this stage :frown:. Anyways, I'm applying for E&M, and the thresholds are probably way higher... And you say we'll get to know by 30th Nov, latest? I also wanted to ask: Is the TSA a small part of everything in the application they assess, or is it a huge deal?

Quite a big deal; the top 25% get an interview.
Original post by thanatv
I thought Cyprus would get it closer to £600? The total cost for that was £1410, so that would leave them £590, as opposed to £560 if they went to Paris. I could be wrong though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I got as well. Anyone to confirm this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending