The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ks347
People hearing back from Bain/BCG..have you applied to London or other places as well?

Also, anyone heard back from Monitor Deloitte regarding interviews? It says I've been invited for one when I log in but got no e-mail so far..

Applied to London for Bain. Haven't heard back from BCG but should this week.

Same with Monitor Deloitte. CV shift some time this month, then first rounds in December.
Reply 421
Original post by Michael XYZ
Unless it explicitly says, I doubt it. If it is, they're dicks. I doubt they're really trying to trick us with it though.

yeah it's just that I spoke to someone at PwC who said theirs definitely is and they think it's industry standard.
Has anyone heard back from McKinsey or BCG yet?
Original post by swiftylol
Considering they don't look at applications until after their deadline, I don't know how likely that is.

My bad, meant PST
Reply 424
Original post by edgorey
Can people who have taken the Bain online test clarify what's on it please?

1. Are all of the questions data interpretation questions based on tables & graphs? (my test page just says RfB Numerical Reasoning)?
2. If there are verbal/critical reasoning questions, what kind? True/False/Can't Say? Assessing the logic of arguments?
3. Any diagrammatic questions (sometimes called inductive reasoning, with patterns and shapes)?
4. Any geometry?
5. Any probability?
6. Any permutations/combinatorics?
7. Any number properties (e.g. divisibility, primes)?
8. Any advice for how to practice? Is any section of the GMAT similar to these questions?

And regarding the rules of the test:
9. Are you allowed to skip questions? Or do you need to choose an answer in order to proceed to the next question?
10. Are you allowed to return to an answer once you've answered/skipped it?
11. Is there a penalty for wrong answers or do you simply not receive any points?
12. How many questions are on the test?

Thanks!

Cubiks confirmed that there is not a penalty for wrong answers; you simply won't receive any points.
Original post by mathez11

McKinsey rejection Friday night, BCG round 1 invite same night (bit of a bad news good news evening tbh)
Anyone received tests for Integration Management Consulting? What can I expect from the 'Problem Solving Assessment'?

Ps. I received Bain tests too which I'll be doing shortly...Hope the rest of you did well :smile:

I have also been waiting an age for Monitor Deloitte - I've been told to be patient...
Original post by 457fbrad
McKinsey rejection Friday night, BCG round 1 invite same night (bit of a bad news good news evening tbh)

Hi is bcg for summer or grad? Iv been told they don't recruit interns until jan. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428
Hi everyone
So I've passed the Deloitte tests and when I log into the system it says I have been invited up an interview and group assessment but there are "no available dates" I've seen that a few of you on here are in a similar position just wondering if anyone had any updates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Original post by wisepirate
Anyone received tests for Integration Management Consulting? What can I expect from the 'Problem Solving Assessment'?

Ps. I received Bain tests too which I'll be doing shortly...Hope the rest of you did well :smile:

I have also been waiting an age for Monitor Deloitte - I've been told to be patient...

Please let us know about the Bain tests!
Has anyone here NOT heard back from Bain? I know of people getting rejected and people receiving invites for tests but I haven't got anything.

Would be useful to know if there are other people in the same boat. Should I be assuming the worst?
Reply 431
Original post by realmont14
Has anyone here NOT heard back from Bain? I know of people getting rejected and people receiving invites for tests but I haven't got anything.

Would be useful to know if there are other people in the same boat. Should I be assuming the worst?

Haven't heard back but I didn't apply to London so idk...
Original post by realmont14

I haven't heard anything yet!
Are the likes of Capgemini and Accenture very, very IT focused?

I know they are to a large extent, but is there still scope to do something more "business-y" or is it mainly about technology and operations?
Original post by saks10111
I have literally been waiting for a telephone interview with KPMG since mid/end September! They kept sending those 'We are still working on finding interview days for you' emails a while back, but those have stopped too, should I be concerned? I don't want to be pushy, but do you think emailing someone at KPMG is a good idea? And who should I email?! Sorry, just starting to panic now and I had applied early precisely to have an early advantage and try and get a lot of the rounds out of the way before the term really kicked in and now it's November and nothing.

Also has anyone heard anything from Oliver Wyman after taking the tests?

I've been waiting on KPMG since start of OCT and got an email about a week ago from someone saying 'we've experienced a higher than anticipated volume etc...' - it was from an actual HR employee (assuming HR) rather than an automated email so I think they are really full atm. Maybe email them just incase though?

For that matter, anyone heard from BDO??? Applied to them start of Oct and I know someone said we're all getting replies in Nov but I'm surprised they havent sent anything to anyone by now. Last year I had a reply a few days after inviting me to a test

Original post by mathez11

Nope! Is that good or bad news as people are posting mixed results from both? Lol
Original post by edgorey
Please let us know about the Bain tests!

It wasn't too bad, time was an issue for me a little but I think that was my own doing...
Has anyone applied for technology consulting with KPMG and done the technically compatible test on programming languages? Just been sent it and had no idea this would be part of the process - zero knowledge of programming :confused:
I have applied for KPMG tech consulting - don't worry its just a bonus if you do, they don't expect any prior knowledge :smile:
So just did the deloitte initial interview / group exercise

The group exercise is the one mentioned on wiki jobs - re everyone having a different city and argue that the event should be held at their city-

The case study you have 15 mins to review it- then your interviewer comes to get you and asks you questions about it - the questions aren't that difficult- but at the same time are abit unclear as well- I didn't get them all first time round and it took me a while to answer them so see this as being a huge negative -

The interview itself was fine - basically just asked me to talk about a big project and then interrupted me every now and again to clarify or ask questions. I'm 100% sure I failed as the other candidates talked a lot more in the group exercise (there were 7 of us) so I guess I'd just say try to find good questions to ask each individual about the city- time keeping is very difficult as there isn't very long. If anyone has any specific questions then feel free to ask.
Original post by Ksimmonds
So just did the deloitte initial interview / group exercise

The group exercise is the one mentioned on wiki jobs - re everyone having a different city and argue that the event should be held at their city-

The case study you have 15 mins to review it- then your interviewer comes to get you and asks you questions about it - the questions aren't that difficult- but at the same time are abit unclear as well- I didn't get them all first time round and it took me a while to answer them so see this as being a huge negative -

The interview itself was fine - basically just asked me to talk about a big project and then interrupted me every now and again to clarify or ask questions. I'm 100% sure I failed as the other candidates talked a lot more in the group exercise (there were 7 of us) so I guess I'd just say try to find good questions to ask each individual about the city- time keeping is very difficult as there isn't very long. If anyone has any specific questions then feel free to ask.

Was this for 'standard Deloitte'? (Not Monitor Deloitte).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending