The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Habbajabba969
As did I! I agree about the watch being a decoy - I was about to put 10 minutes late but read through it again and changed my answer to on time

I think I got that... i got confused by it all though, so I just panicked and put that answer. Seemed odd for her to be late.

Has anyone heard anything back fromOxford yet?
( I know it's early days, but you never know! )
I got 10 minutes early
Original post by Knowing
I got 10 minutes early

So did I, and I am fairly confident with my answer
Original post by kimiaak

read my earlier posts regarding the question
Original post by kimiaak

Me too, I'm pretty sure we're right
Original post by anonwinner
Me too, I'm pretty sure we're right

Please do enlighten me. Here's my reasoning.

Additional time spent on journey= Time spent finding the place+Time spent walking there = 20mins (train not accounted for as she wasn't actually late for the train)

Time on clock = Additional Time Spent on Journey - Time Clock is slow by
= 20mins-20mins=0mins difference

Original post by milkman94

Additional time spent on journey= Time spent finding the place+Time spent walking there = 20mins (train not accounted for as she wasn't actually late for the train)

I can't remember the exact numbers but I remember adding it all up twice to make sure and it was 10 mins early... Doesn't really matter though, why are you so mad?

It didn't say the train was 10 mins late "according to her watch" i
Original post by theoracle12
It didn't say the train was 10 mins late "according to her watch" i

not in those words no, but it suggested that... why do you have red reputation gems?

Original post by anonwinner
I can't remember the exact numbers but I remember adding it all up twice to make sure and it was 10 mins early... Doesn't really matter though, why are you so mad?

no i'm not mad, just wondering whether my reasoning is flawed. if it is, then now's a good time to correct it no?
When do we hear??
Reply 1030
Original post by kimiaak
When do we hear??

Most likely next week
Original post by SahilM309
Do you think that this test was particularly challenging/easy or are we looking at roughly the same cutoff score of the last few years (~65 ish) ?

Once interviews have taken place, do TSA scores still contribute to your application? Or is it only used as a qualifier to select the interview worthy candidates?

I personally thought the test was alright, but that's probably due to my experience doing thinking skills in AS. Guessed (Educated ones mind you :tongue:) some, answered some, all in the set of skills of answering a thinking skills paper.

Next week's the week, eh? Hopefully all of us (?) shall receive the email!
What happens if we dont get an interview? Are we told when people get interviews? (Like a job rejection where they really aren't sorry but say they are.)
Yes lads, got an interview offer for PPE on the 8th to the 10th, hmu when you get yours
Original post by JimmyRussel1
Yes lads, got an interview offer for PPE on the 8th to the 10th, hmu when you get yours

already out???? :eek: congrats! which college?
Reply 1035

You already have been invited???? :eek:

Which college? When did you send your application?

I received an offer from oxford, i'm pretty happy about that and they want me to go in for an interview within the next month or so!

guys, don't take everything at face value.

semi-related: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50817221&highlight=
(edited 9 years ago)
guys, don't take everything at face value
you are totally right ... I just think we should keep calm.. however, someone has to be the first even though it is still to early now.
guys, don't take everything at face value.

semi-related: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50817221&highlight=

What if this guy is the Oxford admissions staff looking for non-gullible students to call them out? *gasp*
Does anyone else think there will be a lower than normal E&M pool this year? I know in the past E&M and PPE have had about the same number of applicants, but there are more places for PPE so the acceptance rate is higher. I hear a lot of people applying for PPE and very few for E&M; obviously I have a small sample group to go off of, but I hear a lot of people who are choosing PPE over E&M because of the acceptance rate. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but we'll see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending