The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackR7821
Able to give any other hints? Mine is after the new year but don't know how to prepare in the best way. Cheers.
p

No big deal. Buy a numerical prep pack and get to know as much as you can bout icap n their services, thats all you need
Original post by smashzeJ
No big deal. Buy a numerical prep pack and get to know as much as you can bout icap n their services, thats all you need

What was the setup? Numerical tests? What were the tasks you had to complete?
cheers.
Reply 2082
Original post by dringi95
Hi,
Short question.
Did you guys receive the invitation for the numerical test of J.P. straight away?
I submitted my application quite a while ago but did not receive anything yet:/
Thanks for your help!

I had to a SJT test straight away. And haven't heard a reply since. I applied in late Sept/early Oct. Good luck with your applications.
Original post by Jane10
I had to a SJT test straight away. And haven't heard a reply since. I applied in late Sept/early Oct. Good luck with your applications.

Why are you lying? :lol:
Original post by Anonynous

Haha lmao :facepalm2:
Original post by Jane10

Yeah I hope it's bull**** hahaha

Original post by President M.E.
Haha lmao :facepalm2:

Original post by solaars
Yeah I hope it's bull**** hahaha

I assume you're calling them out on saying the SJT arrived straight-away? For summer, my SJT arrived immediately after submitting the application.
Original post by Noble.
I assume you're calling them out on saying the SJT arrived straight-away? For summer, my SJT arrived immediately after submitting the application.

This is the SW thread :K: JPM don't have tests for SW.
Fingers crossed for JP Morgan...
Anyone know what time the Inside the Markets deadline with J.P. Morgan is on the 30th?
Original post by Ionut.SB
Anyone know what time the Inside the Markets deadline with J.P. Morgan is on the 30th?

7th Dec
7th Dec

why did they extend it?

did any firm at fyft say when they start reviewing/ints start?
Original post by welcometoib
why did they extend it?

did any firm at fyft say when they start reviewing/ints start?

Nope. JPM said we can expect replies 2 weeks after date closes. They didn't mention why they extended, maybe they want more applicants.

They said they remoevd tests to encourage more to apply as good candidates may be apprehensive just because of numericals.
Nope. JPM said we can expect replies 2 weeks after date closes. They didn't mention why they extended, maybe they want more applicants.

They said they remoevd tests to encourage more to apply as good candidates may be apprehensive just because of numericals.

2 weeks, so literally from tomorrow 2 weeks? allow holidays, going to be a mare. So just jpm?

jpm, one of the best, are worried about applicants being scared of a numerical, hmmmm.....
2 weeks, so literally from tomorrow 2 weeks? allow holidays, going to be a mare. So just jpm?

jpm, one of the best, are worried about applicants being scared of a numerical, hmmmm.....

Deadline for JPM was extended to 7th Dec.

Yes, I'm dubious as to whether JPM removed the numerical because they don't want to put off applicants. In reality, people who are scared of the numerical, or perform badly, aren't exactly going to be of interest to JPM. Their interviews have an element of 'basic maths under pressure' so they've probably realised there's little point getting people to sit a numerical beforehand, where it's possible to cheat, and instead just see how people perform on quick/mental maths in an interview situation, which is easily more daunting/challenging.
Anyone know when one would receive the numericals for citi, db and nomura? Do these banks even have numericals?

Btw, does BlackRock even have SW this year?
DB rejection came in this afternoon. Keep going pal, keep going :smile:
Original post by Mralpha
Anyone know when one would receive the numericals for citi, db and nomura? Do these banks even have numericals?

Btw, does BlackRock even have SW this year?

Yeah it does mate (blackrock)
Original post by siddyt1234
Yeah it does mate (blackrock)

Can u send me a link to the blackrock spring week page?

Cos I can't find it on there website
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending