The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simonssmells
What exactly are you trying to achieve by asking that on here, just use google.

You said you are happy to help people?

"anyone have any sales & Trading / IB questions I can help a little.."

Couldn't I find answers to other questions on google as well. I thought it would be easier and a little more clear to have my question answered directly.
Original post by Anonynous
You said you are happy to help people?

"anyone have any sales & Trading / IB questions I can help a little.."

Couldn't I find answers to other questions on google as well. I thought it would be easier and a little more clear to have my question answered directly.

Haha that wasn't me that was someone else
Original post by Simonssmells
Haha that wasn't me that was someone else

Oh, you're right. He still hasn't responded. I suppose I'll just have to wait. :frown: Testing security valuation skills.
Reply 2263
Original post by President M.E.
I have a CS interview next week for IBD, could anyone possibly help? Will trade for info on HSBC

Hey, so i just went to an event at CS, they spoke to us and said u will have two interview on the same day, 1 with IBD and one with Securities (for instance) then they do the interviews every tuesday & Thursday and u hear back on a monday!!

The lady at HR said to me that it is competency based but also some market stuff... u will need to research on both the divisions you have applied for and yea mostly they want you ' to engage ' with the interviewer and know some what u are talking about. I think pretty standard (besides the market awareness and perhaps some deals CS has worked on in the last year?) if you have interviewed over the phone before you will know what you expect.
Original post by blix2
Hey, so i just went to an event at CS, they spoke to us and said u will have two interview on the same day, 1 with IBD and one with Securities (for instance) then they do the interviews every tuesday & Thursday and u hear back on a monday!!

The lady at HR said to me that it is competency based but also some market stuff... u will need to research on both the divisions you have applied for and yea mostly they want you ' to engage ' with the interviewer and know some what u are talking about. I think pretty standard (besides the market awareness and perhaps some deals CS has worked on in the last year?) if you have interviewed over the phone before you will know what you expect.

Nice one, which event was this? :smile:
Morgan Stanley interview on Monday! Has anyone had one yet?
Reply 2266
Original post by President M.E.
Nice one, which event was this? :smile:

It was an event for people who have already applied (last one that will be done this year! I am glad I applied on time!) so we went to Plateau -French restaurant for drinks and canapés and networked from 12-3pm... everyone who went had already applied but had not heard back about the outcome? but had been invited? so idk...the HR lady I spoke to said that who went there had already been screened? (although i had no interview or response yet!!! my application says 'under review') but she said we would hear next week...

so.... who knows... good luck and let me know how it goes!
Original post by blix2
It was an event for people who have already applied (last one that will be done this year! I am glad I applied on time!) so we went to Plateau -French restaurant for drinks and canapés and networked from 12-3pm... everyone who went had already applied but had not heard back about the outcome? but had been invited? so idk...the HR lady I spoke to said that who went there had already been screened? (although i had no interview or response yet!!! my application says 'under review') but she said we would hear next week...

so.... who knows... good luck and let me know how it goes!

Thanks you too!
Reply 2268
Does anyone know if we get rejections over the phone or by email? obsessed girl here waiting & waiting for answers....
Original post by will2348
BNPP interview was quite easy - just basic motivation and straight competency. No technical for SW but I will say this, they like people who have exceptionally strong technical knowledge - if you go for Summer with them, you will get nothing but technical.

BNPP is very French inside, haha and they screen after New Years, yes - think I had my interview in February. My understanding was they do all the interviews in the space of a week or two and then give offers out a week or two following and that's it. It's not spread out like it is with other banks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay that sounds deal-able! I think it's good that they do it in a fairly short amount of time. I remember reading endless posts on last year's thread like 'Why haven't ______ updated me yet' blah blah.
How did you get on with SWs last year if I may ask?

Thanks for your insight.
Original post by blix2
Does anyone know if we get rejections over the phone or by email? obsessed girl here waiting & waiting for answers....

No, rejections by email for BAML anyway.
Original post by JackR7821
Okay that sounds deal-able! I think it's good that they do it in a fairly short amount of time. I remember reading endless posts on last year's thread like 'Why haven't ______ updated me yet' blah blah.
How did you get on with SWs last year if I may ask?

Thanks for your insight.

Well I actually did better at summer applications than I did with spring and did even better with pre-university before that. Had a couple of interviews for Spring with Rothschild and BP etc. But only got BNPP. For summer I got interviews with Barclays (final round) and MS (got knocked out after 4th interview) so better but didn't get either. SWs are hard and I'd be tempted to say summer is easier to get to first round (but a much, much harder process to make it to the offer). Best of luck with your applications :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I actually did better at summer applications than I did with spring and did even better with pre-university before that. Had a couple of interviews for Spring with Rothschild and BP etc. But only got BNPP. For summer I got interviews with Barclays (final round) and MS (got knocked out after 4th interview) so better but didn't get either. SWs are hard and I'd be tempted to say summer is easier to get to first round (but a much, much harder process to make it to the offer). Best of luck with your applications :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the BNPP SW?

What banks would you reneg BAML for?
How did you find the BNPP SW?

What banks would you reneg BAML for?

I mean I think there are probably better SWs out there, especially in terms of the fast tracking aspect. BNPP was very training-orientated, case studies, social night, bit of work shadowing and some trading games (very very realistic) plus networking etc. It wasn't division specific which was frustrating. But not bad overall and a good experience.

I'd only take GS, JPM or MS over BAML but to be honest with you, if I had BAML I'd just try my best to convert it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean I think there are probably better SWs out there, especially in terms of the fast tracking aspect. BNPP was very training-orientated, case studies, social night, bit of work shadowing and some trading games (very very realistic) plus networking etc. It wasn't division specific which was frustrating. But not bad overall and a good experience.

I'd only take GS, JPM or MS over BAML but to be honest with you, if I had BAML I'd just try my best to convert it.

I know JPM and MS clash. But MS have 2 weeks in which they run the programme. 2 others on IFRM got BAML offer.
I know JPM and MS clash. But MS have 2 weeks in which they run the programme. 2 others on IFRM got BAML offer.

I have a BAML offer and have just turned down a CS final round interview. I have a DB final round but their spring clashes with BAMLs, dont know what to do...Also think JP, GS or MS are the only banks I would interview at over BAML????
Original post by Mecheng123
I have a BAML offer and have just turned down a CS final round interview. I have a DB final round but their spring clashes with BAMLs, dont know what to do...Also think JP, GS or MS are the only banks I would interview at over BAML????

You can move your BAML to their summer week
So I'd definitely go to the DB interview (would say the same about CS, but obviously too late)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mecheng123

I would go with DB if possible. There conversion rate is like 100%. I think I'd only take BarCap, JPM and Citi over BAML just because of experiences.
I would go with DB if possible. There conversion rate is like 100%. I think I'd only take BarCap, JPM and Citi over BAML just because of experiences.

BIB (no longer barcap, not to be factitious) spring week is awful. What appeals about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
BIB (no longer barcap, not to be factitious) spring week is awful. What appeals about it?

Just habit, I suppose. Why do you so this? Idk the people there are nice af, could see myself enjoying it. I spent an hour talking to head of EMEA rates desk about what pranks they pull on their summer interns amongst other serious stuff.

Latest

Trending

Trending