The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do you know if it is possible to update/change your CL och CV if you have aldready sent in your application?
Does anyone have an idea when Credit Suisse will reply back about interviews? Had mine in the 2nd December but im really tense haha
Does anyone know the app process for MS post first interview? is it straight offer, or ac, or another interview? thanks
Original post by welcometoib
Does anyone know the app process for MS post first interview? is it straight offer, or ac, or another interview? thanks

How did your interview go? What was it like? And I think there's a final interview after the first round
For those who have experience with technical interviews,
- do you have any tips or suggestions regarding preparation (so far, I have been studying from a textbook and reading Economist/FT).

Secondly, does anyone here know anything about the deadline for Blackrock Insight and the application process?
Original post by Anonynous
HSBC finally decided I was worthy enough for tests :K:

well done for getting this far; good luck with the rest !! Can i just ask when did you apply?? thanks :smile:
Original post by DavidMonk
well done for getting this far; good luck with the rest !! Can i just ask when did you apply?? thanks :smile:

Mid October iirc
Reply 2467
Does anyone know how many people attend a Spring Week programme per bank? e.g. CS takes 30 people every year, DB takes 7(I just made these figures up)?

Also, conversion rate from SW to SA?
Original post by spark27
Does anyone know how many people attend a Spring Week programme per bank? e.g. CS takes 30 people every year, DB takes 7(I just made these figures up)?

Massive range, DB is 25, GS is 200 (across all divisions for both).

Again, massive range probably varies from about 40-80%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2469
Original post by Aenigma
Massive range, DB is 25, GS is 200 (across all divisions for both).

Again, massive range probably varies from about 40-80%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is GS the most competitive?
Original post by CD315

Depends how you define competitive. If you're going by no. of applications/place then I doubt it considering how many people they take.

It seems like its reasonably easy to convert there as well. Someone I spoke to in their second year at my uni that did the GS SW in Operations, and converted it into a SA offer for IBD and I've never heard of that happening anywhere else.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2471
Original post by Bloxorus
Depends how you define competitive. If you're going by no. of applications/place then I doubt it considering how many people they take.

Ok then, going by what they look for? I assume you need to be outstanding.
Original post by spark27

CS takes 80-100 for IBD, Fixed Income & Equities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315

I would say DB is most competitive; they take from a pool of very few top universities and take very few people.
Someone from Nottingham could do a SW in Sec/IBD at GS they couldn't get into the GTB SW at DB

MS probably has the hardest interviews, so that could be considered more competitive but don't think it's hard to get up to scratch and they take from a wider pool than DB

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know some people have had interviews with MS so I assume they have started interviewing. However my question is this, has anyone had an interview with any of the following?
GS
JPM
Nomura
Blackrock
Citi Quest

These are the only 6 I've applied to and I'm getting a bit anxious as people seemed to have offers already from BMAL amongst other places.
Reply 2475
Original post by mikiu15
I know some people have had interviews with MS so I assume they have started interviewing. However my question is this, has anyone had an interview with any of the following?
GS
JPM
Nomura
Blackrock
Citi Quest

These are the only 6 I've applied to and I'm getting a bit anxious as people seemed to have offers already from BMAL amongst other places.

GS and JPM don't review until after deadline (JPM deadline was this week sometime I think!) and I've seen a few people post here about Nomura interviews (I haven't heard back from them either). I know a guy with a CitiQuest interview but lots of us haven't heard since doing numerical they sent.
Original post by CD315
GS and JPM don't review until after deadline (JPM deadline was this week sometime I think!) and I've seen a few people post here about Nomura interviews (I haven't heard back from them either). I know a guy with a CitiQuest interview but lots of us haven't heard since doing numerical they sent.

I guess I feel a bit better now thanks.
Which division did you apply to in Citi?
what are the banks we can expect to hear from any day now? i reckon barclays should be getting back to us imminently cos they're rolling. anyone else?
Reply 2478
Original post by mikiu15
I guess I feel a bit better now thanks.
Which division did you apply to in Citi?

Markets
Original post by CD315
Markets

That's what I applied for as well.
Btw the HR rep that conducts the interviews for Markets is quite nice. I know that's pretty useless info but there you have it.

Latest

Trending

Trending