The Student Room Group

GCSE Mathematics Grades

I was just wondering what GCSE Grades are all of you predicted at Maths?
Well, here is mine, GCSE Mathematics A (Linear) - Edexcel

Predicted A* by year 11, Current Grade in year 10 B/A.
Grade 1 month ago in past papers: Borderline B/Average B's

Grade now: Low A's/Average A's
High A's if paper is really easy - Got a very high A in March 2013 paper.

Well, I'd like to know what are your predicted and current grades for GCSE Maths and if any of you are taking gcse maths early in year 10, what is your predicted grade of gcse maths in year 10, mine is A/A* depends on how well I do in the mocks. :biggrin:
Reply 1
I'm in year 11 now but I took my GCSE maths a year early (in year 10) and got an A, but then retook it in November to try and get an A* as I was only 3 marks off:smile: now I'm doing further maths, and I'm predicted an A in that, however in the mock last month I got an A*! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was predicted an A* and got a C. To be fair I spent 20 minutes in the exam, hadn't been in school for that academic year and took it early but still - pretty egregious.
Reply 3
Original post by ByronicHero
I was predicted an A* and got a C. To be fair I spent 20 minutes in the exam, hadn't been in school for that academic year and took it early but still - pretty egregious.

TSR rules state a minimum of grade A* is required at GCSE Mathematics or you are liable to be banned

P.S:Reported.
Original post by Shadoo
TSR rules state a minimum of grade A* is required at GCSE Mathematics or you are liable to be banned

P.S:Reported.

It's about time I was banned for something to be fair.
I think I'm doing the same course as you Edexcel - Linear Maths but I'm not sure if It's B or A. Currently, I'm predicted an A, however my teacher and my former teacher in yr 9 believes that I'll get an A*. But personally, I'm just aiming for a B.
Reply 6
Original post by Firenze26
I think I'm doing the same course as you Edexcel - Linear Maths but I'm not sure if It's B or A. Currently, I'm predicted an A, however my teacher and my former teacher in yr 9 believes that I'll get an A*. But personally, I'm just aiming for a B.

Well, I guess that's amazing dude. If you are doing Edexcel Linear Maths, then it will definitely be GCSE Edexcel Mathematics A (Linear). Therefore, you are probably doing the same exam board as me. Well, if your teacher believes you are going to get an A* by year 11, you should be aiming for A*. Now, GCSE's are much more important than they used to be. Furthermore, I'm assuming as your predicted an A* in GCSE Maths, it is probably your strongest GCSE, which means you should definitely try to get A* in that, and probably strong grades such as A's and B's in the other core subjects, such as the sciences and english literature/language, if not then try getting a C/B. Then, get high grades in the other easy GCSEs such as RE and ones you took, that's what I am aiming for :smile:.
At the end of year 10 I was on a D and predicted a C/B, yet in my GCSE's I got a high A grade! I'm now in year 12 and studying Economics AS!

With Maths, all it takes is hard work at you will get a high grade, it's all about understanding. And I fully agree with the point made earlier about the importance of GCSE's, especially Maths - an A grade or better opens SOOO many doors in terms of university courses, trust me..
Reply 8
I'm currently a D student in Maths, but now I'm going tuition and revising maths everyday so idk what I'll get in my mocks. Hopefully at least a B tbh.
Reply 9
Predicted A* and A^ in Further Maths. Wish I was doing FSMQ Additional Maths too.
Original post by PixelEDM
Predicted A* and A^ in Further Maths. Wish I was doing FSMQ Additional Maths too.

Isn't further maths gcse additional maths or are u talking about further maths alevel lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Chittesh14
Isn't further maths gcse additional maths or are u talking about further maths alevel lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they're similar but different courses haha. Somewhat similar topics but additional maths has binomial expansion and integration plus others
No they're similar but different courses haha. Somewhat similar topics but additional maths has binomial expansion and integration plus others

Oh so further maths is a bit easier and additional maths has more as level in it, like C1 etc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Chittesh14
Oh so further maths is a bit easier and additional maths has more as level in it, like C1 etc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah basically plus additional is written more like a C1 paper, with much longer questions compared to the more GCSE style of further maths.
Yeah basically plus additional is written more like a C1 paper, with much longer questions compared to the more GCSE style of further maths.

I'm gonna be doing additional maths 😉 predicted A/A* in gcse maths if I do in year 11 A* dunno bout year 10. Add maths ain't tried so no prediction lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest