The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

What GCSEs Do You Need to Get Into Kingston University, London?

With GCSE Results Day only a few hours away, I thought it would be a good idea to go over some of the typical GCSE requirements for undergraduate courses here at Kingston University.

I know university can often seem like an age away when you’re sitting your GCSEs (especially if you have another two years of A-Levels to get under your belt!), but evaluating your future options and noting down any resits you might have to take can help get you ahead of the game when UCAS Application season finally hits. :smile:

Like nearly all other universities, Kingston University typically requires at least a pass/4 in English Language and Mathematics, whether you’re applying for an UG degree or a Foundation Year. If you missed out on a passing grade in either of these subjects, I’d highly consider resitting them. I know resits can be a pain, especially after you’ve already spent months of studying, but it will make the university application process a lot easier for you in the future.

Let’s take a look at the GCSE requirements for some specific courses:

1. Business Management BSc (Hons)
Candidates are normally required to hold five GCSE subjects grades A*-C including Mathematics and English Language (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE grading.)

2. Graphic Design BA (Hons)
Whilst no GCSE requirements are listed specifically on the course page, passes in English Language and Mathematics would likely be expected alongside passes in three other subjects. Arts courses may be more flexible with some GCSE requirements depending on your academic background and individual circumstances, but make sure to double check by emailing the admissions team.

3. Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)
Candidates are normally required to hold five GCSE subjects at grade C/4 or above, including Mathematics and English Language.

Overall, you can see a common thread the vast majority of UG courses ask for five GCSE passes, with no specification of subjects other than Mathematics and English Language; so if you’ve gotten to the end of your GCSEs and thought you chose the wrong subjects, don’t worry!

Lastly, best of luck for any students receiving GCSE Results today. Whether you’re hoping to continue your education in college or heading off into the world of work or apprenticeships, I’m sure you’ll be just fine. :biggrin:

- Eve (Kingston Rep).
(edited 8 months ago)
Thanks Eve, it's great to have this confirmed for the many worried students we have today :afraid:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending