The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
1st year summer internships may specify 2nd year of a 4 year course so do watch out.

Yeah, I'm not completely fixed on doing 4 years so I can just say that I'm doing three years. :l How are your apps going? How's Cambridge?
When is Barclays SW?
Original post by Anonynous
Post interview?

Nope screening rejection. Sucks i know lol
when will banks start processing again? the day after tomorrow or do they have a longer lasting christmas break?
Just a heads up for the HSBC 1st year internship, HR likes the values side and WHY HSBC a lot. So if you mention things like their flagship water programme and other charity stuff they like that a lot, (if the 1st Year Internship is like the School leaver insight programme you will even spend a day raising money for charity). But most of the interview will be comp/motivational, so make sure you can nail these, then know what HSBC does, who they are and their strengths (Asian origin and global presence means for strong for international clients/customers = service in most countries that mean anything, etc etc)

They will be expecting to say that you want to do follow-on internships and grad scheme...so saying you are only doing fill the summer/money will be shooting yourself in the foot!

You need to be a 1st year of a 3yr course or a 2nd year of a 4yr course.

Dates are 29 June - 21 August

Good luck!!

(Just so you don't think I'm talking out my a.... , I did their School Leaver Insight Programme over the summer and have got an offer for their 1st Year Internship)
Guys my current status for Barclays is "invited for interview". I haven't received any emails/calls from Barclays - does anybody know is this interview is guaranteed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3326
Original post by sharkystud
Any ppl still waiting for their post interview offer/rejection at CS ?

you are certainly not alone :frown:
i mean if it is a rejection, it really shouldnt take them time to send their popular generic rejection letter
Original post by ProjectNr2
when will banks start processing again? the day after tomorrow or do they have a longer lasting christmas break?

Banks and breaks are two words that don't go together. They don't base their analysts 50k to sit around and twinddle with their families :K:
Original post by marinolo
Big thanks to all of you three. I can confirm that the interview was exactly like this. Technicals like: how would you value a bond, company figures etc.

Do you know how long it takes to hear back from human ressource to get an invite to the second round interview?
I was told that second round will take place in mid january with a vp, and third round in mid feb with a MD.

Cheers.

I was told early January
Original post by Lily_07
Management Sciences, Year 2

Yourself?

IB year 2, so we share all our lectures hahahah
I recently completed the RBS tests and I got the following emails:

"We're pleased to advise that you've been successful in your online testing, and that we remain extremely interested in your application.

We're currently completing a high number of assessments across all divisions, and there will be a delay in progressing your application onto telephone assessment. "

That email sounds promising, then the day after that I got the following email:

"Thank you for completing your online test.

We have received your results, which we will now consider before deciding whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

Because we will be benchmarking your performance against other candidates who have applied for your selected programme, you may not hear immediately whether you have been successful in reaching the next stage. Please be assured that we will update you when we have reached a decision."

Have these been sent in the wrong order or something? It sounds like the second one is just an automatic response after completing the tests, and the first one is sent depending on your performance in the tests?
Original post by Bloxorus
I recently completed the RBS tests and I got the following emails:

"We're pleased to advise that you've been successful in your online testing, and that we remain extremely interested in your application.

We're currently completing a high number of assessments across all divisions, and there will be a delay in progressing your application onto telephone assessment. "

That email sounds promising, then the day after that I got the following email:

"Thank you for completing your online test.

We have received your results, which we will now consider before deciding whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

Because we will be benchmarking your performance against other candidates who have applied for your selected programme, you may not hear immediately whether you have been successful in reaching the next stage. Please be assured that we will update you when we have reached a decision."

Have these been sent in the wrong order or something? It sounds like the second one is just an automatic response after completing the tests, and the first one is sent depending on your performance in the tests?

exactly the same for me, but a week earlier. Apparently they have ****ed you over. Stop celebrating you have nothing. Welcome on the boat. (I contacted the message center, they told me that.)

Did you get the 2nd mail today?
UBS should really get back to us now.
Original post by smashzeJ
UBS should really get back to us now.

i highly doubt there are any e-mails sent out today
Reply 3334
did anyone get some generic email from citi about delays this morning ? its odd i got it by 3:30am :/
What are my chances people:

Econ 'BA' at a target uni
Societies and all the 'goody-goody' bits
Real Portfolio Management education (http://www.instutrade.com/)
Previous experience at the finance division at a law firm
Original post by mco10
did anyone get some generic email from citi about delays this morning ? its odd i got it by 3:30am :/

didnt get one of those. When did you apply?
Original post by Hody421
What are my chances people:

Econ 'BA' at a target uni
Societies and all the 'goody-goody' bits
Real Portfolio Management education (http://www.instutrade.com/)
Previous experience at the finance division at a law firm

a good chance, you got all the important stuff, but its impossible to determine whether you will ultimately succeed or not.
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Nope screening rejection. Sucks i know lol

I am still waiting on a response... How long did it take for them to get back to with a decision?
Are all GS divisions equally competitive or are Securities and IB harder to get into than the rest? Is it a bad idea to apply tactically, or will 'finance spring week at GS' look considerably worse on the CV than 'IB/securities spring week at GS'?
Original post by Refrigerator
Are all GS divisions equally competitive or are Securities and IB harder to get into than the rest? Is it a bad idea to apply tactically, or will 'finance spring week at GS' look considerably worse on the CV than 'IB/securities spring week at GS'?

I think its almost impossible to tell, maybe someone has some special information.
And your second question is like asking whether being President of Germany looks "considerably worse" on your CV than being President of the United States, both options are top notch and will stand out on your CV.

Latest

Trending

Trending