The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
hey man, I remember you saying a couple weeks ago you had to be a "certain eligibility" in order to do first year summer at Barclays, is it do to with ethnicity? lol was it gs

Yes, I believe so
No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Yes, I believe so
No

Posted from TSR Mobile

just for those on the sw? sounds awesome
Have Goldman sent out any interview invites yet?
Original post by Mralpha
Give me some

which 3?
Original post by Unsworth
Have Goldman sent out any interview invites yet?

no, as they are not rolling and only start processing applications after the 4th january.
I know one guy who was a GTO intern at DB in his final year (for 3 months) then got offered an Associate position straight after graduation. Lucky guy!
Original post by ProjectNr2
no, as they are not rolling and only start processing applications after the 4th january.

Excellent, sending my application off 15 minutes ago shouldn't be too harmful in that case :u:
Original post by Hody421
I know one guy who was a GTO intern at DB in his final year (for 3 months) then got offered an Associate position straight after graduation. Lucky guy!

That's more common than you'd think
A fair few finalists do internships and take up offers straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
That's more common than you'd think
A fair few finalists do internships and take up offers straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it like this SW > Summer Intern > Full time > Promotion?

How difficult is to grab hold of a summer internship after a spring one?
Original post by Hody421
Is it like this SW > Summer Intern > Full time > Promotion?

How difficult is to grab hold of a summer internship after a spring one?

More specifically (anyone else feel free to add if you think I've missed anything): SW -> summer -> FT two year contract -> FT permanent -> promotion

Two year contract is an important caveat. Your job isn't "permanent" as soon as you're offered one. You have to prove your worth and survive the final lay offs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
More specifically (anyone else feel free to add if you think I've missed anything): SW -> summer -> FT two year contract -> FT permanent -> promotion

Two year contract is an important caveat. Your job isn't "permanent" as soon as you're offered one. You have to prove your worth and survive the final lay offs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think GS got rid of the two year things now though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you prove your worth? This must be pretty difficult.
Original post by Hody421
How do you prove your worth? This must be pretty difficult.

You'll likely be ranked by performance and they'll have a cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProjectNr2

Is this true? GS has done no interviews yet?
Original post by dcmurphy
Is this true? GS has done no interviews yet?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

heyyyyy :smile: by promotion I assume associate? or are there more analysts years to complete?
Original post by will2348

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do they have instead?
Reply 3459
has anyone had their "experience the markets" interview with JPM yet? I got told over 12 days ago I was shortlisted for interview but it still has not yet been scheduled - guessing this is because of the Christmas period.

Latest

Trending

Trending