The Student Room Group

Anti Muslim violence spreading across France-mosques & muslim businesses bombed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lil08
People who perpetuate violence in the name of Islam are no more true to their faith than Christians who blow up abortion clinics.

Rightly put. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lil08
People who perpetuate violence in the name of Islam are no more true to their faith than Christians who blow up abortion clinics.

they are both representive, however in islamic histroy there is example of people insulting mohammed being killed, whereas i dont think there is the same traidtion of blowing up abortion clinics. Even so, both cases would be regarded the same, ie fundamentalists
France will be the next Israel at this rate.
Original post by DanRBlake
It's hardly surprising or significant that a few mosques have had bangers thrown at them after 12 innocent journalists were murdered for drawing pictures! The 2 are not in the same league & Muslims are the perpetrators NOT the victims!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

So because two Muslims extremists committed a crime, all Muslims are guilty?
Reply 144
Original post by DiddyDec
So because two Muslims extremists committed a crime, all Muslims are guilty?
For some (many?) people, because two Muslim extremists committed an atrocity in the name of the prophet, all Islam is guilty.

Unless lots of Moslems loudly protest and say why these people do not represent them (other than the incongruous "Islam is the religion of peace" mantra), or can explain why these extremists are in breach of the prophet's teachings or Allah's word, then they are the high-profile, public face of Islam. Which is what they want.
I can't say I'm sure what to think of this. Its clear that many Muslims are nice, respectable people who want to live in the free west due to better opportunities and the fact that our own Muslims will be a bit more liberal and not anal if they choose to have a pint in the pub at dinner with their English workmates.

But.. There are especially outside Europe who do want death on the west and these people are infesting our nations.

Personally I think a Holy war would be stupid since we'd win easily but we'd probably suffer until we finally got angry enough to act, it would also require something tantamount to a genocide at least within Europe.

Personally I think we should stop further Muslim immigration. Lets trust that Muslims already here are sane but not add to this problem.
Reply 146
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Hate leads to more hate, it's the inevitable cycle of life

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
That old law about ‘an eye for an eye’ leaves everybody blind.
Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr
Reply 147
Original post by PopaPork
Because it's the reaction (wrongly IMO) to a terrorist attack

Cartoons should be the measured response
"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!" :frown:
Reply 148
Original post by Rakas21

But.. There are especially outside Europe who do want death on the west and these people are infesting our nations.

But its only a minority outside Europe that have these extremist views. Studies tell us it is 2nd/3rd Gen that are more likely to have more extremist views than their parents.

Original post by Rakas21
Personally I think a Holy war would be stupid since we'd win easily but we'd probably suffer until we finally got angry enough to act, it would also require something tantamount to a genocide at least within Europe.

I agree with you that a Holy War is stupid but also cant see their ever being a Holy War tbh in the first place. Most people in Iran, Iraq are mainly non extremist. Even members of the Islamic State are small considering the population of Syria. Also don't be fooled that we would win a War that easily (Vietnam, Iraq War etc.).

Original post by Rakas21
Personally I think we should stop further Muslim immigration. Lets trust that Muslims already here are sane but not add to this problem.

Especially don't agree with this. Most Muslims emigrate to Europe due to its proximity for a better way of life, the same way Christians, Jews, Gays do.
Original post by Simes
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
That old law about ‘an eye for an eye’ leaves everybody blind.
Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr

I don't know if that statement is agrreing with me, or making fun of me:colondollar:
Original post by FlareBlitz96
I don't know if that statement is agrreing with me, or making fun of me:colondollar:

It was making fun of you. It was also showing how wrong you are.
Good old 'multiculturalism' eh? :lol:
That's why I won't live in those sort of countries. For example, let's say a Japanese thug bombed a lot of Brits to death, every East Asian there (Han, Korean, Viet ... etc) will be at risk of being randomly attacked in public.
Good to see the French standing up for their country. Apart from France, the French have no other home, over which they have self-determination.
Some of you here has spoken shocking posts. I hope you realize it before it's too late. The world's progression will be severely hindered if you lot begin to participate with your grandma-level ideals and views.
Reply 155
Original post by elohssa
Good to see the French standing up for their country. Apart from France, the French have no other home, over which they have self-determination.

Condoning and glorifying terrorism hey, great so now TSR is becoming a hotbed of extremism. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kagutsuchi
It was making fun of you. It was also showing how wrong you are.

Really, how?
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Some of you here has spoken shocking posts. I hope you realize it before it's too late. The world's progression will be severely hindered if you lot begin to participate with your grandma-level ideals and views.

Who are you referring to?
They wanted a holy war so they've got one! I have a real issue with Islam, so in my opinion these attacks on mosques etc are completely justified. They think they've got the right to attack freedom of speech and democracy, yet they expect the world to roll over and obey their commands. We just need to the British community to rise up like the French did.
Reply 159
Can't be pleasant for proper muslims in France right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending