The Student Room Group

Badges are live.... beta rollout!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by She-Ra
Your post has just inspired another badge idea! Maybe the football mods like yourself should have their own referee badge :rofl:

Omg yes haha! Make it happen?! :ahee:

:moon:
Original post by tombayes
Depends on what you want e.g. there are only 12 rep gems available.

Are there....?

We could have more..... :u:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Omg yes haha! Make it happen?! :ahee:

:moon:

So awesome! You guys deserve it! It's on my list :biggrin:
Original post by She-Ra
So awesome! You guys deserve it! It's on my list :biggrin:

:woo: You da best Shez
It looks nice but I'd like the option to hide my shameful lack of badges. Unfortunately I feel I'm too old and decrepit now to build up my collection.
Original post by macromicro
Wouldn't it be simpler to just bring back negs? Basically all this over-thinking and hassle is due to the removal of negs which very clearly showed which posts were helpful/good and which were not, and also stopped everyone's rep from inevitably growing.

yes but people gave you neg when they disagreed with your post - not because it was bad/unhelpful. If it was confined to the study forum then yes but my old account still has 2 red gems...
Reply 106
Original post by She-Ra
We did think about those kinds of names but they run out pretty quickly? What happens after platinum?

With level 1, 2, 3 we can go on and on... just imagine level 50 :holmes:

leather, iron, steel, diamond, ebony, adamantium, etc. You didn't play to the Elder Scrolls in your teens? :biggrin:
Original post by Josb
leather, iron, steel, diamond, ebony, adamantium, etc. You didn't play to the Elder Scrolls in your teens? :biggrin:

I have clearly missed a trick! Well if some of our badgers go down that route you can help us decide the names :smile:
My whole TSR layout has changed :erm:
Original post by Maid Marian
My whole TSR layout has changed :erm:

We haven't changed it for you though :holmes:

Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by She-Ra

Oh! It's just gone back to normal :redface: I usually have it on the old style but it went to the new one without me doing anything :/
Original post by secretmessages
It looks nice but I'd like the option to hide my shameful lack of badges. Unfortunately I feel I'm too old and decrepit now to build up my collection.

I gave you a rep so you get your Clever Clogs badge :smile: :yy:
Original post by She-Ra

Layout changed momentarily for me too.
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh! It's just gone back to normal :redface: I usually have it on the old style but it went to the new one without me doing anything :/

Original post by MrDystopia
Layout changed momentarily for me too.

I think with the rollout of badges and other dev builds going live TSR went a bit bonkers temporarily! If you notice anything else let us know :h:
Reply 114
Original post by tombayes
yes but people gave you neg when they disagreed with your post - not because it was bad/unhelpful. If it was confined to the study forum then yes but my old account still has 2 red gems...

Perhaps only people with a certain amount of reps should be allowed to neg? This way we would avoid "troll negging". :dontknow:
Original post by Josb
Perhaps only people with a certain amount of reps should be allowed to neg? This way we would avoid "troll negging". :dontknow:

Neg reps are gone, and tbh, I don't think they'll be coming back...
Honestly, I don't care about the badges. They are dorky looking and I don't invest that much time to post, This will not encourage me to spend more time in other parts of this website. I would appreciate it if you keep the reputation gems though, as they seem to be quite popular amongst non-mods that post quite frequently. In fact, the only people that seem to be commenting on this thread (thus indicate the love for this) are mods, the welcome team/tsr involved ppl and the mega-tron posters.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I gave you a rep so you get your Clever Clogs badge :smile: :yy:

Oh thanks :colondollar:

But I thought it was Study Help only for that badge?

Original post by She-Ra

The blue dividing lines between posts disappeared for me when I made my first post but it hasn't happened since.

Edit: it just happened when I made this edit. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/JImDHwL.png
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Josb

I actually don't see why you would ever need to neg a post though - if its offensive, trolling, etc you can report it.

What should be done is the OP chooses their favorite answer/post as in stackexchange/other forums.
Reply 119
Original post by clh_hilary
The Arms can replace the entire profile.

Yeah badges could be added on one single coat of arms displaying the user's achievements.
Like that:

But it's probably too difficult to do.:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending