The Student Room Group

how not to get insecure abut having done an inferior degree?

Scroll to see replies

I'm so done with TSR. All you c*nts ever do is bash people's degrees and make it seem like anything other than STEM is worthless when it clearly isn't the case. It just makes people feel as if they are a useless parasite who deserves to be put down unless they are a doctor or engineer.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
why not? Disregard the hyperbole in the last sentence if you must.

Because it's just my opinion and has no empirical evidence to support it.
Stop constantly posting about the things you are insecure about, and move on. Problem solved. You cause your own downfall constantly riku.
Original post by jambojim97
Because it's just my opinion and has no empirical evidence to support it.

your hypothesis on the original thread sounded fairly convincing tbh.

STEM Master Race theory isn't just a TSR thing dude, I experienced discrimination for being non_STEM at work too
Original post by SophieSmall
Stop constantly posting about the things you are insecure about, and move on. Problem solved. You cause your own downfall constantly riku.

Is this Riku?
'so what' would be the next step of course, but the not knowing whether it is or not is just as bad as being told it is/isn't.

I refer you back to Groot 'why do guys get upset…if 2 people both have great personalities and treat me well, but one has [X skill-set above the other, in her case aesthetics], of course I am going to be more attracted to [1 with superior skill-set], that's just the way it is'

apply to [X degree]

in the place I have been lurking non-STEM is a deal breaker aye. In my old work-place, my colleague frequently told me how only STEM grads are going to get jobs in the current climate, non-STEM has no value. Etc.

Well yes, I agree if there are two men that are EXACTLY the same then the one with a better skill set is a more attractive option. But really. That is very unlikely, each person has different things to offer, it'll never get to the point where the only difference is whether or not they did a STEM degree.

Your friend was clearly talking out of his ass. Your problem is that you find it hard to decipher between what's common sense and what's insensible advice. Therefore you take many things to heart. Stahp it.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
It's been done now, get over it.

Think of how you can use that degree to your advantage.

Eva did you get hurt, you do realise I was joking right.:rofl:

You're so sensitive.:laugh:
Original post by Xenorebrem
Is this Riku?

Yep, he can remake as many accounts as he likes but it's always obvious it's him when he goes ON AND ON about the same stuff constantly winging.
Original post by Papi.Jameel
Eva did you get hurt, you do realise I was joking right.:rofl:

You're so sensitive.:laugh:

Omg, can you stop following me. This thread has nothing to do with you ffs.
Original post by Xenorebrem
Is this Riku?

I don't see why it makes a difference, but yes I was outed by the forum about a month ago as 'Riku'. Troll, troubled young man, obstinate pseudo-intellectual, think of me what you want I just need answers

this doesn't answer the question!! Also this is a slightly different thread
I don't see why it makes a difference, but yes I was outed by the forum about a month ago as 'Riku'. Troll, troubled young man, obstinate pseudo-intellectual, think of me what you want I just need answers

this doesn't answer the question!! Also this is a slightly different thread

Yes it does.
Omg, can you stop following me. This thread has nothing to do with you ffs.

Fine.Duck off, you're such a Ducking mother ducker.:mad:
Reply 32
nope; however you are biased towards pandering my insecurities as first respondent to the question in favour. Did you do Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences yourself?

How can you answer with 'nope', and then not elaborate, when you told another poster not to do that? You cannot disregard my opinion of how my views fit within society with a single word, as your opinion is not more factual than mine. I wasn't pandering, by the way, I was simply stating my view on the question you posed.

I'm in sixth form, currently studying English Lit., Geology, and Physics. I also took French, but dropped it before this year.
Well yes, I agree if there are two men that are EXACTLY the same then the one with a better skill set is a more attractive option. But really. That is very unlikely, each person has different things to offer, it'll never get to the point where the only difference is whether or not they did a STEM degree.

Your friend was clearly talking out of his ass. Your problem is that you find it hard to decipher between what's common sense and what's insensible advice. Therefore you take many things to heart. Stahp it.

then why did Groot make this argument as a pure hypothetical; she must have experienced it no :s-smilie:

yeah my support worker tried to epxlain this but I do think it's possible for 2 people to identically meet all controllable variables and then 1 having 1 slightly better controllable variable. If we forget uncontrollable variables such as e.g. height then yes the hypothesis remains valid
Yes it does.

non-STEM makes people inferior? That sucks.
non-STEM makes people inferior? That sucks.

Where the **** did you get that from, from my post? Read my actual words not your messed up version of everything for god sakes.
Original post by Embla
How can you answer with 'nope', and then not elaborate, when you told another poster not to do that? You cannot disregard my opinion of how my views fit within society with a single word, as your opinion is not more factual than mine. I wasn't pandering, by the way, I was simply stating my view on the question you posed.

I'm in sixth form, currently studying English Lit., Geology, and Physics. I also took French, but dropped it before this year.

ah :smile: by 'nope' I meant 'you are right, that does not make you part of general society; however' [see previous post]
Where the **** did you get that from, from my post? Read my actual words not your messed up version of everything for god sakes.

'This doesn't answer the question?'

'Yes it does'.

This can either mean

a) 'it answers the question'

or

b) 'yes, STEM degrees are superior'
'This doesn't answer the question?'

'Yes it does'.

This can either mean

a) 'it answers the question'

or

b) 'yes, STEM degrees are superior'

My post had nothing to do with stem, wtf get a grip.
What's the point being insecure about it? You chose to do that degree at whichever institution you attended. If your degree doesn't prove to be particularly useful and you find yourself lacking employment in that field, pick something else that doesn't require a degree you don't have and work towards that instead. Nothing gained in feeling insecure/moaning about it when you've already done the thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending