The Student Room Group

feel unworthy :(

i've always had this issue of a low self-esteem and i honestly dunno how to fix it. it has legit controlled my mind and emotions and decisions for most my life and its horrible.

a couple of years ago i tried this whole self improvement journey and lets say it failed miserably. i was self-confident for about 6 months if even that and then went back to low self-esteem like i always have been.

it is so horrible to the point where i start resenting my own friends and being jealous. it is a horrible feeling because i love the friends i do have and want to create strong bonds and try and be a chill and relaxed person.

i have this major overthinking issue and also a big insecurity and inferiority complex.

I feel inferior and unworthy. It gets to the point i get ****ed at random silly things like my brother blowing his nose or my dad coughing too loud. it honestly ruins my whole day and makes me feel horrible.

i feel inferior and unworthy because to me it seems like everyone else (females) have rich families and go on holiday all the time.
Their dads and mums are business owners, doctors and all these high salary people. Just because someone has money it seems to make them more superior or better.

also i always compare myself to other people (females) in terms of intelligence, looks and genuine personality traits too.
It seems like every girl is better than me and next to them i feel inferior.
Another thing is that basically i am and feel like the only female who gets 0 male attention. Every other female has about 4 to 5 guys have a crush on her or be in a relationship and i am not.
I have this kind of thing or complex in my mind of keeping like a tally chart of who likes who and how many etc. It is so stupid and it honestly overtakes my whole ass mind and ITS ANNOYING ME.

Every single girl apart from me seems to lead the most perfect life: boyfriend, 4-5 guys fancy them, rich parents, holidays all the time, mentally stable, smart, nice looking, chill and everything else apart from me.

i dunno how to get out of this mindset. i have read article after article, watched video after video on confidence and self-esteem and it never helps. i want to change but i don't know how. it controls me and is honestly so annoying.

???????????

P.S: sorry for the rant and if it offended anyone reading this <3
Reply 1
To be honest I don’t really know how to answer this one but I am very similar in almost all of those ways. Have you tried speaking to a doctor because that might help and they could give you some advice or maybe a therapist. Can I ask how old you are?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending