The Student Room Group

Options

Hi guys!:s-smilie:
i am choosing what i am going to do for GCSE'S,and i have sort of decided on Art,History and Child Development . I was wondering if anyone knew what any of these subjects were like,and if they found them to be very time consuming (i have read other threads saying that Art is extremely time consuming,but i dont really mind as im really interested in art)
and how i could get A/A*'s in these subjects.
Thankyou:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Miss_phoenix_
Hi guys!:s-smilie:
i am choosing what i am going to do for GCSE'S,and i have sort of decided on Art,History and Child Development . I was wondering if anyone knew what any of these subjects were like,and if they found them to be very time consuming (i have read other threads saying that Art is extremely time consuming,but i dont really mind as im really interested in art)
and how i could get A/A*'s in these subjects.
Thankyou:smile:

I can only comment on Art, but I did Art GCSE and just scraped a B by doing work only in the two hours a week of lessons really (it wasn't a priority for me, I just took it for fun and it was my only option left). I think it does take up considerably more time if you're aiming for higher grades, but often you can do bits during school lunchtimes because you might need access to art room equipment and stuff anyway!

As for achieving an A/A* (and this probably goes for all subjects a little bit), see what feedback you get/test results throughout year 10. If you aren't getting what you want and your teachers aren't already telling you, go and ask them what you need to do to push your grade up - many secondary schools run after school or lunch time sessions to help with this. In subjects other than Art, consider changing how you're revising if things aren't sticking.

Hope this helps a little bit! :smile:
Thankyou so much!
We have been told that we will have 5/6 hours a fortnight of lessons,so hopefully i will complete most work during the lessons.

Did you find art to be very hard?or was it okay? I dont mind if it is,i just need to know what im signing myself up for haha:')
Reply 3
Original post by Miss_phoenix_
Thankyou so much!
We have been told that we will have 5/6 hours a fortnight of lessons,so hopefully i will complete most work during the lessons.

Did you find art to be very hard?or was it okay? I dont mind if it is,i just need to know what im signing myself up for haha:')

I'm not very good at art, so I found it harder than people who do well, but I also wasn't aiming for a high grade so that made it easier again and it ended up being an okay level of difficulty. If you're good at art and you put the work in you should get a good grade (although a good teacher who'll help you out and tell you how to get those grades really helps!). Our lessons were fairly relaxed, and we basically did practice in year 10 and actual coursework in year 11 so we built up to it, knew what we had to do to get the grades, and it wasn't stressful or anything which was pretty nice, so I guess how hard it is depends on your teacher/course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending