The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5100
Original post by ProjectNr2
as long as nothing else is said yes... whats the problem with it :rolleyes:?

lol its not nice to assume everyone is 'bro'
Original post by mco10
lol its not nice to assume everyone is 'bro'

i think people care more about the important information in this thread rather than how they are called...
does the 'front office' at barclays include retail/business banking? or is it just the investment banking part?
Original post by tcoburn
does the 'front office' at barclays include retail/business banking? or is it just the investment banking part?

just ib
Reply 5104
i think people care more about the important information in this thread rather than how they are called...

its seems people can not take a joke on this thread..

who said i cared was just pointing out. this how some of you start unnecessary arguement
Still nothing from GS or CS.

Not optimistic.
Reply 5106
Did anyone have a Laz int and not receive a decision at the end of the call? Some people got instant acceptance to AC, but I was told I'd hear back in 2 days, which I'm assuming is just a delayed rej :frown:
Original post by tcoburn

Both retail/business banking and IB part are included in the front office SW = they are customer facing.

SPRING WEEK:
There are three different Barclays Spring Weeks 'Front Office' (FO), Technology and Business Functions, see below.

Front Office = IBD (Corporate Finance, M&A, FIG, Leveraged Finance, DCM, RSG, ECM), Global Markets (Sales, Trading, Research & Strategy) and Personal & Corporate Banking (Personal Banking, Corporate Banking, Barclaycard and Wealth & Investment)

Technology = obvious

Business Functions = Compliance, Finance, Operations, Risk and Treasury

BUSINESS AREAS:
There are three different business areas Investment Bank, Personal & Corporate Banking Barclaycard, Business Functions. See the link below, (technology comes under business functions even though it has a separate SW)

http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/business-areas/

Posted from TSR Mobile
yea it was alright. It was 30 min though and a bit more in depth than other peoples (dont ask me why lol :biggrin:)
But the questions weren´t hard in particular, just the phone quality was insanely bad

Mine was 17 mins.. I can probably expect a rejection. Mine was horrible.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Still nothing from GS or CS.

Not optimistic.

same here, what dep did you apply?
Original post by madvillainy
same here, what dep did you apply?

GS will start inviting to interviews next week, so you guys can chill.
CS maybe doesnt look so promising, but you never know.
Guys, have BAML filled up their places? A lot of people have had interviews in December so I am currently losing hope...
Original post by Mralpha
"Your friend is doing something wrong, would you rat like a bitch or be a real thug brotha?"

The answer is to rat. Noone stands higher than Barclays, not even your criminal ass friend.

lool, i didnt explicitly say rat, i did say whoop their ass into shape pronto :biggrin:
Original post by Mralpha
GS will start inviting to interviews next week, so you guys can chill.
CS maybe doesnt look so promising, but you never know.

cs last interview slots were 22nd online, and this was 2 weeks ago bro :frown: and gs have actually given ibd ints from 2 days ago now, go back 4-5 pages
Mine wasnt good either.... I was well prepared for the questions some people told me but then she started off completly different which tossed me out of my concept a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine wasnt good either.... I was well prepared for the questions some people told me but then she started off completly different which tossed me out of my concept a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why was it 30 minutes. I was told they only had 20 mins.
Original post by welcometoib
cs last interview slots were 22nd online, and this was 2 weeks ago bro :frown: and gs have actually given ibd ints from 2 days ago now, go back 4-5 pages

I actually have an interview at CS the 29nd and was given it maybe 5 days ago, so dont really know there. But a friend spoke to HR at GS, most interviews will be given out during next week. Only people who had other offers and contacted GS personally got an interview I would reckon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by welcometoib
lool, i didnt explicitly say rat, i did say whoop their ass into shape pronto :biggrin:

Sounds like you made it through the first round. Congrats bro
I don't see why some are saying their interviews were horrible. What could they have possibly asked that made you think that? :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending