The Student Room Group

If someone handed you a £50 note, what would be the few things you would buy with it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minimarshmallow
A man in front of me in the queue dropped it, I thought it was rubbish (because I'm not used to seeing them) and then put it in my pocket to put in the bin.

Suuuuure :ninja2:

You know that's technically illegal? :innocent:

I would probably just spend it on chocolate :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Give to straight to charity.
Reply 22
Original post by minimarshmallow
This happened to me once, kind of. A man in front of me in the queue dropped it, I thought it was rubbish (because I'm not used to seeing them) and then put it in my pocket to put in the bin. When I got outside to the bin and realised, the man who I thought had dropped it was rounding a corner and didn't stop when I shouted him.
It was three days before student loans were due in at the start of my third year, I was knee deep in dissertation research and had caught fresher's flu. I spent it on a Chinese, a tube of Pringles, a bottle of wine, lots of paracetamol and put the rest in the bank to get my mum her (very overdue at this point) birthday present.

you picked up someone's rubbish and put it in your pocket? :beard:
Original post by Gax
you picked up someone's rubbish and put it in your pocket? :beard:

Looked like a crumpled chocolate wrapper or something so just put it in the front pocket of my hoodie.
depends - If I had to spend it, I would probably buy something nice for my wife..

If I did not have to spend it, then realistically it would probably just go into my wallet, and then be spent allongside my normal money on what ever expense/purchase happens next..
I'd question their motives as to why they have given me the £50.
Reply 26
Depends where I was and how drunk I was at the time.

(I'm assuming this is in a bar environment, since I can't imagine anyone giving away £50 sober)
BOOKS :biggrin:
Original post by XZX
I wouldn't accept it in the first place, it would feel wrong as it's not mine to keep.

If I had to accept it then I'd either donate it to a charity or burn it.

Do you also burn gifts you receive?
Save it. Nothing I urgently need to spend it on right now.
Big Mac Meal, Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, more Mountain Dew... some piano books, and a meal at a restaurant (by myself).
Driving lesson
Penny sweets.
Probably use it in tesco that's near enough two weeks food :smile: or if I wanted to splurge maybe books off of Amazon :smile:
Can't do anything with that. I'd turn it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Illegal Algebra
Can't do anything with that. I'd turn it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure you could

Spoiler

buy a degree online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Put in a yellow box for future.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Ho ho ho :teehee:

Raise

Your answer was really nice. I'd like to do that too but in reality I'd most likely spend it on me and myself.

Quick Reply

Latest