The Student Room Group

Cegep student (canadian)

Hello,

I just found this website and I'm looking for some help.

I'm actually a cegep student in Montreal (cegep is like 2 years with preparatory classes that we have to do before going to uni, high school ends in grade 11) and I was wondering if all the courses taken in cegep will be accredited? I'm a health science students and I'll do organic chemistry and others stuff that people do in university. Will I be able to be a second year student directly or don't do certain classes or something? (They do that for AP high school students in America). It's a little bit unfair since I will be one year older than everyone else and I would have done university classes.. Please help me out. :s-smilie:

By the way, I want to study medicine in the UK, and I am really interested in Oxford.

Thank you so much,
I hope I'll get some help from cegep students or anyone who knows a little bit more than I do about this.
Original post by CanadianLovely
Hello,

I just found this website and I'm looking for some help.

I'm actually a cegep student in Montreal (cegep is like 2 years with preparatory classes that we have to do before going to uni, high school ends in grade 11) and I was wondering if all the courses taken in cegep will be accredited? I'm a health science students and I'll do organic chemistry and others stuff that people do in university. Will I be able to be a second year student directly or don't do certain classes or something? (They do that for AP high school students in America). It's a little bit unfair since I will be one year older than everyone else and I would have done university classes.. Please help me out. :s-smilie:

By the way, I want to study medicine in the UK, and I am really interested in Oxford.

Thank you so much,
I hope I'll get some help from cegep students or anyone who knows a little bit more than I do about this.

Fairly sure the answer is no, I'm afraid. :frown: Oxford does not accept transfers into second year (https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/562/~/can-i-apply-to-transfer-onto-a-course-at-oxford-if-i-am-studying-a-related).

I think the only chance of doing a 2 year degree instead of the usual 3 (or 4 instead of 5 for Graduate Medicine) is if it's your 2nd BA (ie you already have a degree).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending