The Student Room Group

oxford entry requirements for canada

Hello! Oxford undergraduate entry for Canada requires a Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma with five Grade 12 courses, each passed at 85%. Do I need to have the diploma in hand when I submit my application? Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! Oxford undergraduate entry for Canada requires a Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma with five Grade 12 courses, each passed at 85%. Do I need to have the diploma in hand when I submit my application? Thanks!

No. Most applicants to UK universities haven't yet completed their studies at the time they apply, and apply with predicted grades. Universities (including Oxford) then make offers based upon the condition that the student obtains a particular set of results/grades. (It's called a "conditional offer".)

When you complete your application - via UCAS - you'll list both the qualifications you've already taken and have the results/grades for, and the qualifications you've yet to take or for which you don't yet know the results/grades. For these, you would list the grade as "Pending".

Your referee (typically your existing school) would then be be asked (by UCAS) to provide predictions for each of these qualifications.
Reply 2
Thanks! Good to know.
This is a very useful response, thank you.

I am a parent to two daughters (both British & Canadian citizens) that are interested in returning to UK for their university studies (interested in Cambridge and Oxford-medical schools).

Any information that you can provide to me to guide them will be very much appreciated.

Both will be graduating Grade 12 in June 2025 with minimum projected grades over 95%.

Do Oxford and Cambridge take into consideration sporting excellence in their admission, like most US/Canadian universities? One of my daughter is a high sports performer.

Also, is there an option that can make them qualify/pay home tuition fee, instead of international?

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #2
This is a very useful response, thank you.

I am a parent to two daughters (both British & Canadian citizens) that are interested in returning to UK for their university studies (interested in Cambridge and Oxford-medical schools).

Any information that you can provide to me to guide them will be very much appreciated.

Both will be graduating Grade 12 in June 2025 with minimum projected grades over 95%.

Do Oxford and Cambridge take into consideration sporting excellence in their admission, like most US/Canadian universities? One of my daughter is a high sports performer.

Also, is there an option that can make them qualify/pay home tuition fee, instead of international?

Thank you

Oxbridge don’t take into account extra curricular activities like sport. That’s not to say you can’t put them on your UCAS, but the decision will be made on academic grounds and there aren’t admissions routes specially for elite sportspeople etc.

To qualify for home fees they would have had to be resident in the UK for 3 years before applying.
Original post by Anonymous #3
Oxbridge don’t take into account extra curricular activities like sport. That’s not to say you can’t put them on your UCAS, but the decision will be made on academic grounds and there aren’t admissions routes specially for elite sportspeople etc.

To qualify for home fees they would have had to be resident in the UK for 3 years before applying.

Sorry I think it’s actually 3 years before the first day of the course not before the date of applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending