The Student Room Group

What grades do university of Toronto typically look for?

I made a late application to university of Toronto and I’m unsure about what grades they’re looking for. I’m aware that they may not even be able to offer me a place regardless, because I applied after the deadline, but I still am curious about what they look for.

I have a few friends in Canada who said that Canadian unis consider A levels much harder than the Canadian high school curriculum so they’re more lax with A levels? They said I’d be bound to get in if it weren’t for the late submission but I’m just not sure if my grades are even strong enough

I got mostly 7s and 8s for my GCSEs and got AAD for maths, history of art and physics in my A levels last year. I’m retaking the D and doing another further maths A level on top of that this summer, and I’m predicted A and A* respectively. I’m also in first year at uni doing engineering, but all of my exams are in the summer so I don’t have any grades for that. Realistically I’m not going to meet my A level retake predictions tho so I’m probably only going to get Bs or maybe scrape an A. I was a little over ambitious by going to uni simultaneously, because the exams for both overalp.

Do you think that AAD with retake predictions of A and an A*, and at least a pass in first year engineering would be sufficient enough to be made an offer? If they were to make an offer would they offer at those predictions or lower? I’ve seen some forums say that they want ABB, and other said they based offers on their GCSEs or even AS levels? But then my cousin had an offer for 38/45 in the IB at UBC, which is just as competitive as Uni of Toronto (i think?) so I initially assumed grades lower than AAA wouldn’t be viable? So I’m really confused tbh I have no idea what to expect

If any uk applicants or students who took a levels who now go to Uni or Toronto or other competitive Canadian unis can provide some insight, it would be largely appreciated.

* also to clarify I didn’t apply just now, I applied in January on time but didn’t know that the OUAC portal and Join U of T portals were different, so i didn’t realise I had to provide supporting documents for literally everything and had to do separate college submissions. And I found this out nearly a month after the deadline of submission for these lmao. i only managed to submit all of my supporting documents a few weeks ago, but it did say on the portal there was still space on the course at that point so I’m hoping an offer can be made if my grades are sufficient
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by nushnush338
I made a late application to university of Toronto and I’m unsure about what grades they’re looking for. I’m aware that they may not even be able to offer me a place regardless, because I applied after the deadline, but I still am curious about what they look for.

Moved to the International Study forum to help you get replies.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Moved to the International Study forum to help you get replies.

Thank you so much !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending