The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloxorus
UBS rejection post interview.

Can anyone offer me any insight into how to improve my interview technique? They said I would hear back in 2 weeks time so judging by the fact I was rejected after 2 days is obviously an indicator of how poor my interview performance was :cry2:

What makes it worse is that I actually prepped quite a lot and I didn't think it went too badly.

Don't read anything into how quickly got rejected
In experience, they just say two weeks so people don't ring them up and bug them
Ask for feedback (although I often find it's quite disingenuous)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the support :smile:

I applied for CCS and the email says that they won't give specific feedback.

I prepared strong answers for all the motivation questions and competencies but for some reason in every interview I do, I always come out kicking myself that I didn't mention something. I know theres no excuse for this for a telephone interview when you can have notes in front of you, but for some reason I just keep continuing to do it.

The notes might be the problem, tbh
Might sound too forced? You want it to come across very naturally in a competency/motivational/strength interview because from the interviews' pov if someone really wants to do this they shouldn't need to rely on facts/notes just need to be genuine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5742
Do banks ever give out rejections over the phone?
UBS rejection post interview.

Can anyone offer me any insight into how to improve my interview technique? They said I would hear back in 2 weeks time so judging by the fact I was rejected after 2 days is obviously an indicator of how poor my interview performance was :cry2:

What makes it worse is that I actually prepped quite a lot and I didn't think it went too badly.

no bro dont lie :frown: seriously? :frown: man i thought you did well based on the type of answers you gave, sounded alright :frown:
Any last min barclays tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily941
anyone knows how many were interviewed for gs first round? they started interviewing like two days ago and should be finished today?

where did you hear they finish today? they cant interview like 500 people in two days, and thats minimum, assuming they have near 200 sw spots
Original post by kiirankapoor
Any last min barclays tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

know your cv well such that you can think of any, and i mean any sort of extrs curric or anything you did as a strength, thats literally it :smile:
Original post by Beufen
Do banks ever give out rejections over the phone?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welcometoib
know your cv well such that you can think of any, and i mean any sort of extrs curric or anything you did as a strength, thats literally it :smile:

Okay thanks! Were there any technicals or brainteasers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiirankapoor
Okay thanks! Were there any technicals or brainteasers

Posted from TSR Mobile

no
Original post by Emily941
sry, i found the mail: [email protected]

That's a no-reply email. So it doesn't get through to actual human beings, js.
JPM offer :biggrin: and gs interview in a bit, kind of bricking it, hope not many awful brainteasers.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
That's a no-reply email. So it doesn't get through to actual human beings, js.

nvm you said it lol
Original post by Purple_fox
JPM offer :biggrin: and gs interview in a bit, kind of bricking it, hope not many awful brainteasers.

:eek: what divisions are you applying to lol, IBD? have mercy on the rest of us :eek: when you get gs too, whats your easter schedule? im assuming you have 4 weeks of sws in a row, thats the max i think
:eek: what divisions are you applying to lol, IBD? have mercy on the rest of us :eek: when you get gs too, whats your easter schedule? im assuming you have 4 weeks of sws in a row, thats the max i think

Yeah IBD. But I am too confused right now, need help to sort things out :biggrin:
But pretty much will have 4 weeks in a row. :frown:
Has anyone had an interview for Securities at GS yet? Are the only days Monday and Thursday next week?

Not even congratulations anymore.. just when's the next offer coming? You obtaining offers like oxygen :biggrin:
Reply 5757
Original post by paradeplatz
They did. I just forgot it.

oh wow lol
Yeah IBD. But I am too confused right now, need help to sort things out :biggrin:
But pretty much will have 4 weeks in a row. :frown:

in all honesty? you will be doing a summer at gs jpm or ms, whichever you like, next year, id choose two sws, if you find a month stressful. so do gs and ms, then you convert one or both, and that way you still get free time in easter :smile:
in all honesty? you will be doing a summer at gs jpm or ms, whichever you like, next year, id choose two sws, if you find a month stressful. so do gs and ms, then you convert one or both, and that way you still get free time in easter :smile:

It is a good idea, wil think about it, but not sure of actual conversion rates! (the whole actual point of SW) :biggrin: But thanks for the help, I do really need advice right now :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending