The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katieem92
This is pretty bad given that the website only has last years information - stating mid-January invitations and last years interview dates! I wonder why they didn't update it for this year?
The suspense is killing me...

I know how you feel but hopefully they'll get back to us soon
Original post by CelineDiong
Gotten a sheffield interview offer! All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, good luck!!When did you get this?
Reply 22
Have they told all successful candidates today?
Really want an interview? This waiting game is so hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dent1hope
Wow, good luck!!When did you get this?

Thanks! It was on the 19th. Have you an interview with them too? :smile:
Reply 24
Starting to worry now because I haven't heard anything :frown: has anyone else?
(edited 9 years ago)

Are you undergrad?
Original post by Turnip17
Are you undergrad?

Yup :smile:

I'm actually still waiting for one, hopefully i'll hear from them soon.:smile:
Reply 28
Wait, so is someone claiming to have received an interview for Sheffield? I spoke to them recently and they said the begining of February.
I don't mean to be rude and I mean no disrespect if I am wrong, but remember people that there are a lot of trolls here on TSR who unfortunately make false claims. At my last interview, the admissions tutor said not to use forums such as TSR as there are people who do this.
Reply 29
Original post by arbucks
Wait, so is someone claiming to have received an interview for Sheffield? I spoke to them recently and they said the begining of February.
I don't mean to be rude and I mean no disrespect if I am wrong, but remember people that there are a lot of trolls here on TSR who unfortunately make false claims. At my last interview, the admissions tutor said not to use forums such as TSR as there are people who do this.

Could be different for international students? (Just that might be a reason i dunno if the person's international or not but international interviews are sent out at diff times)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30

are you international?
I've been going crazy checking track every day to see if there's been any update, based on Sheffield's website saying "successful applicants will be invited to interview, invitations to be sent out mid-January" only to re-check it and realise the page is an entire year out of date!
I'm a mature student, technically I think. I'm 23 this year. I've been a dental nurse since 2010 and am predicted AB in bio/chem... UKCAT was distinctly average but I got A*A*A*AAAAAAA at GCSE in 2009 ..... I don't even know what my chances are realistically!
Was chatting to a dentist at work the other day who qualified in 1997 who got a place at a different uni with BCD - and the B was in geography! Oh how times have changed...
Reply 32
Original post by Katieem92
I've been going crazy checking track every day to see if there's been any update, based on Sheffield's website saying "successful applicants will be invited to interview, invitations to be sent out mid-January" only to re-check it and realise the page is an entire year out of date!
I'm a mature student, technically I think. I'm 23 this year. I've been a dental nurse since 2010 and am predicted AB in bio/chem... UKCAT was distinctly average but I got A*A*A*AAAAAAA at GCSE in 2009 ..... I don't even know what my chances are realistically!
Was chatting to a dentist at work the other day who qualified in 1997 who got a place at a different uni with BCD - and the B was in geography! Oh how times have changed...

I wish you the best of luck!

Yes, the times have changed hugely with dentistry. The dentist I shadowed had similar A level grades as you mentioned and achieved a BDS. I guess as demand increases, so do the requirements! And we also have the A* now remember which has meant requirements must naturally increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
I wish you the best of luck!

Yes, the times have changed hugely with dentistry. The dentist I shadowed had similar A level grades as you mentioned and achieved a BDS. I guess as demand increases, so do the requirements! And we also have the A* now remember which has meant requirements must naturally increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And good luck to you also!
Sheffield is one of the few places that actually regards my nursing qualification as counting towards entry to the BDS, so I'm really hoping I at least get to interview!
Hopefully 5 years experience counts for something. It's such a shame it's so crazily competitive now, I can't help but feel a certain proportion of applicants must be financially motivated or apply due to parental expectation. I just genuinely love teeth :giggle:
Just got a Sheffield interview!!!
Reply 35
Original post by Turnip17
Just got a Sheffield interview!!!

So did I!! :biggrin: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hjamil96
So did I!! :biggrin: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and well done too!!! :smile:
Reply 37
Nothing from Sheffield.
Does anyone know if they have given out all the interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Urgh just had an email through from ucas and got all excited but it was just to say they're updating their website.
SHEFFIELD INTERVIEW AH YAY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest