The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just wanted to say that my GS interview for IBD was very odd. To all of you guys with technicals, must have had some harsh-ass interviewers. I didn't get any current affairs questions, technicals, nothing. Every question was something to do with working in a team or how being global affects how you work in a team.

Gl to anyone who has interviews tomorrow, and hopefully we start hearing about first round results soon.
Original post by paradeplatz
Could you please compare the conversion rate at MS vs. CS ? Many thanks!

About 10% at MS, higher at CS, but not 100% sure. I assume you mean to the summer internship.
I read something about it sometime back but just wondering it is advised to update banks I'm waiting on (post-int) about an offer I got? Thanks!
Could you please compare the conversion rate at MS vs. CS ? Many thanks!

Where is your favourite?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks! Do you know why they were so low at MS/how they fast tracking looks compared to eachother?

Original post by Reflektor15
About 10% at MS, higher at CS, but not 100% sure. I assume you mean to the summer internship.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Where was your favourite?

I agree with you, it's much more important to do your SW somewhere that you enjoy and get on well with people, instead of just looking at conversion rates!
I agree with you, it's much more important to do your SW somewhere that you enjoy and get on well with people, instead of just looking at conversion rates!

Where did you find your fav/worst to be.

Is HSBC any good? Currently I'm only holding BAML.
Thanks! Do you know why they were so low at MS/how they fast tracking looks compared to eachother?

I think they both operate an AC in the weeks/months after the SW. You pass the AC, you get the summer internship.

AC is identical to the final AC for the standard summer intern application route.

Referring to your earlier question, pick the bank that you enjoy working at and where you get on best with the employees!
Morgan stanley phone interview- any tips peeps? :biggrin:
Where did you find your fav/worst to be.

Is HSBC any good? Currently I'm only holding BAML.

I loved MS! Everyone was really friendly, but they still pushed you harder than everywhere else too.

No worst one stands out.
Original post by Unofficialanswer
Morgan stanley phone interview- any tips peeps? :biggrin:

Nice, when did you find out?

I did my Morgan Stanley first round first interview on 19th Dec, haven't heard back from then. Can I expect a rejection do you think?
Reply 5852
To whoever posted RE: GS Securities being two rounds - how do you know this? (I can't find your post)

Original post by welcometoib
was ok, bit weird some qs. when did you/ how long to hear back?

I had mine last Friday and haven't heard back - I'm not taking it if I get the offer though (only doing the int for experience etc).

I got the email today.
I did my Morgan Stanley first round first interview on 19th Dec, haven't heard back from then. Can I expect a rejection do you think?

Hey buddy, Morgan Stanley take a long time to get back to you so don't worry. They are collecting all the people for the assessment center I presume.
Original post by Unofficialanswer
Hey buddy, Morgan Stanley take a long time to get back to you so don't worry. They are collecting all the people for the assessment center I presume.

They have given final round interviews already (it's interviews this year). Some people got final round interview invite about 3 days after their first round. It's been over a month for me :lol:
Original post by CD315
I'm just going by what was said at a GS event; that students of unrelated degrees will not be expected to know all of that. Thanks for correcting me though - I guess I've more prepping to do.

would you say that Statistics is an unrelated degree?
Citi, MS, CS, HSBC

experiences of them barring ms?
Original post by cem101
would you say that Statistics is an unrelated degree?

no, its one of the most related degrees surely haha
Original post by forest123
Just wanted to say that my GS interview for IBD was very odd. To all of you guys with technicals, must have had some harsh-ass interviewers. I didn't get any current affairs questions, technicals, nothing. Every question was something to do with working in a team or how being global affects how you work in a team.

Gl to anyone who has interviews tomorrow, and hopefully we start hearing about first round results soon.

degree?

Latest

Trending

Trending