The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vmwl
Given the choice, would you pick JP or BAML? I really liked the interview process with JP but BAML there is definitely a fast track after the week (I've heard rumours about no fast track with JP?)

I've spoken to HR at BAML and they're not able to switch me over to summer... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd take JPM now. You can reapply to the BAML summer week to do both (apps open next month I think).
Original post by Beige101
Strange, I know someone with a fairly weak application (and was rejected pre-int from a few other banks) who has an interview with GS and someone with a very strong application (lots of ints/two offers) who hasn't for the same division. Obviously they could hear back today but if not I wonder what the process is.

GS places a very strong importance on their values and whether they think you'll be able to work in their environment. So the weak candidate might demonstrate working in a team a lot better than someone who has heaps of experience but comes across as independent.

For GS the three things they want is ability to work in a team, a global perspective, and the ability and willingness to learn. Show all three and you're in. Nearly guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by forest123
GS places a very strong importance on their values and whether they think you'll be able to work in their environment. So the weak candidate might demonstrate working in a team a lot better than someone who has heaps of experience but comes across as independent.

For GS the three things they want is ability to work in a team, a global perspective, and the ability and willingness to learn. Show all three and you're in. Nearly guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you explain what you mean with a "global perspective"?
Anyone heard anything back from the Barclays phone interviews? How long did it take to get a response?
Reply 5884
I'd take JPM now. You can reapply to the BAML summer week to do both (apps open next month I think).

That's a good point actually, thanks! The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm abroad for next year and it would be much more convenient if I were able to do interviews and ACs whilst I'm still in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
So confused about JP morgan Ibd. They've given out interivews and offers. They've also given pre interview rejections. My app is still under review? Any thoughts? Sad times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Donniee
Anyone heard anything back from the Barclays phone interviews? How long did it take to get a response?

they said around 2 weeks to some people here, so maybe next week, if not defo week after
If you reapply for the BAML summer one after having an offer for the spring but rejecting it to go somewhere else, is there actually a chance of getting onto the summer one, as they'll know you rejected them for a different bank basically? any thoughts on this?
Original post by cupsoftea
If you reapply for the BAML summer one after having an offer for the spring but rejecting it to go somewhere else, is there actually a chance of getting onto the summer one, as they'll know you rejected them for a different bank basically? any thoughts on this?

Give a good reason for rejecting it when you do, not just 'better offer.' Then I'd say to both mention the previous offer and why you couldn't make it in your summer app cover letter and also be prepared to be questioned on it in interview.
hi

just got an interview invite for deutsche bank markets in Birmingham, do you think that after doing a spring at db Birmingham I could easily switch to London for summer? Or would i be stuck in birmingham? Already have a CS offer for 13th-17th, don't think dB birmingham is worth commuting to from London just for an interview...
Give a good reason for rejecting it when you do, not just 'better offer.' Then I'd say to both mention the previous offer and why you couldn't make it in your summer app cover letter and also be prepared to be questioned on it in interview.

I can't think of a good reason for rejecting :tongue:
At which stage are BlackRock applications? Have they given our first interviews?

How long did it take before you heard back regarding your numerical results?
Reply 5892
Original post by Mdhu
Anyone here with an int for GS investment managment?

Nope, mine still says "Application received". Losing hope now :bawling:
Reply 5893
CS emailed me post-int and told me they wanted to call and follow-up on my int, but they never called... What should I do?
MS offer. JPM signed. GS still waitng.
Anyone heard from JPM today? offers or rejections?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Best of luck. Hopefully we can meet during the spring week

Best of luck with the interview mate with Roths today mate !!
UBS interview in less than an hour. Any tips guys?
had an interview with GS the 20th. Still didn't get a reply and they expect to have 2nd round interviews w/c 26th. What should I expect from this?
Original post by Hazard10i
UBS interview in less than an hour. Any tips guys?

what division? ccs i think they are cutting down spots on as people outside of this thread have rejections already who did their ints this week. be confident in how you speak even if its bs, important

Latest

Trending

Trending