The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Katieem92
Yeah hate to say it but you will have been rejected, I've been in contact with the admissions office and all successful applicants received email invitations last week, however they don't update UCAS track until sometime in March apparently.
I do think it's really bad that they don't send a courtesy thanks but no thanks type email if they don't want you

Arghhhhh that's horrible :frown: they could at least let us know at the same time as when interviews are given out! Gutted I didn't even get an interview
Original post by zvhra
It's true I got 690 and didn't hear from Sheffield so idk what they were looking for this year, or 690 wasn't good enough dunno

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 627.5 in my ukcat and I somehow managed to receive am interview. They must not have been paying much attention to it this year and focused on other things more?
Reply 102
Original post by Smilesison123
I got 627.5 in my ukcat and I somehow managed to receive am interview. They must not have been paying much attention to it this year and focused on other things more?

Yh defo agree. I got 620 and my friend got 610 and we both have interviews. I really think they focused a lot more on personal statement and extra curriculars and work experience as I also got a B in English language GCSE but am so happy about this interview. Sheffield has been one of my favourite unis and I just had to apply here even though I thought back when I was applying/ filling out my ucas form that I would get a rejection straight up and so I still am in shock about recieving an interview haha! Super grateful for it as the interview to offer ratio is even better! :biggrin: . good luck for your interview!!
Really pleased you got an interview. I still haven't heard so am assuming it is a no. I really don't know where I went wrong. My personal statement showed work experience, teamwork, extra cuirriculars and my gcse grades are strong. I'm doing the IB which they like and am predicted well above the requirement. I appreciate there is tough competition but I thought I might secure an interview! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!
Reply 104
Original post by ijc1
Yh defo agree. I got 620 and my friend got 610 and we both have interviews. I really think they focused a lot more on personal statement and extra curriculars and work experience as I also got a B in English language GCSE but am so happy about this interview. Sheffield has been one of my favourite unis and I just had to apply here even though I thought back when I was applying/ filling out my ucas form that I would get a rejection straight up and so I still am in shock about recieving an interview haha! Super grateful for it as the interview to offer ratio is even better! :biggrin: . good luck for your interview!!

Do you know what the interview to offer ratio is??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ijc1

I was in shock too, it's my first choice so I'm super pleased. Goodluck to yourself too!
Reply 106
Original post by Ma3
Do you know what the interview to offer ratio is??

Posted from TSR Mobile

15% of all applicants get offers.
so around 130 offers are made and up to 200 interviews. But I don't know of its changed- apparently last year there were 200 interviews and 110 offers. Either way still at least a 50% of getting an offer :smile:
Original post by ijc1
It was quite bad actually I can't remember exactly but it was around 620 or something lool I know people on tsr are gonna be like "how the f*** did she get an interview :s-smilie:" but I guess ukcat wasn't sheffields main focus this year :smile: I have a lot of extra curriculars and work experience so that may have compensated? Lol idk tbh I'm so surprised myself but am super grateful lol. good luck for your applications!
:smile:

Hi, first of all, big congratulations on ur interview at sheffield.

I am in yr 12 at the moment and am hoping to apply for dentistry at sheffield at the end of this year. If you wouldn't mind me asking, how much work experience did you do and what other curricular activities did you do?

Thnx very much and best of luck at ur interview, I hope you do well!
Reply 108
My cousins got a UKCAT of 540 and was invited to interview by sheffield lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow!!! congratulations to your cousin! he/she must be even more shocked than me!! (my ukcat was 620) :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by kickass112
Hi, first of all, big congratulations on ur interview at sheffield.

I am in yr 12 at the moment and am hoping to apply for dentistry at sheffield at the end of this year. If you wouldn't mind me asking, how much work experience did you do and what other curricular activities did you do?

Thnx very much and best of luck at ur interview, I hope you do well!

I'll pm you later today x
Reply 111
Just got an interview invite for Sheffield !!!! Can't believe it - they said they had given them all out!!
Original post by sra5
Just got an interview invite for Sheffield !!!! Can't believe it - they said they had given them all out!!

Well done!! :smile:
Original post by sra5

When exactly? today? maybe there's still hope for us :smile:
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow I got 708 and didn't get one, this is actually kinda funny. Oh well I had other interviews so it's not that bad I guess :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by tokyo4ever
When exactly? today? maybe there's still hope for us :smile:

Yeah I got the email at 12:28 today!! Still can't believe it
So after I emailed last week, admissions office called and invited me to interview! Reckoned I had missing the deadline so was flagged as a late application from the word go, even though I have my UCAS confirmation email with a time prior to the deadline on October 15th.
Also said I was "under" on my UKCAT? I got an average of like 630/640 I think and they don't specify a benchmark so I'm not sure how I was under!
But they are offering me an interview regardless. Over the moon.
Original post by sra5

Me too! But by phone call. UCAS must have ballsed something up because I submitted later morning on deadline day yet Sheffield said I was past the deadline so had listed me as a late applicant!!
Original post by Katieem92
So after I emailed last week, admissions office called and invited me to interview! Reckoned I had missing the deadline so was flagged as a late application from the word go, even though I have my UCAS confirmation email with a time prior to the deadline on October 15th.
Also said I was "under" on my UKCAT? I got an average of like 630/640 I think and they don't specify a benchmark so I'm not sure how I was under!
But they are offering me an interview regardless. Over the moon.

So happy for you!!! Well done!! :biggrin:
Reply 119
Original post by sra5

aww congratulations!!! :smile: when is yours? x

Quick Reply

Latest