The Student Room Group

Biology and chemistry coursework ocr a

Hello! I was wondering about the coursework for these topics- we have done two 15 mark papers in biology and a 10 mark paper relating to the practical investigation- is this one practical experiment or the three attempts that we are allowed? Also in chemistry, we have completed one experiment and answered three 15 mark papers. I'm so confused, does this mean that there are no more chances to redo te coursework???:confused:
Original post by Lularose83
Hello! I was wondering about the coursework for these topics- we have done two 15 mark papers in biology and a 10 mark paper relating to the practical investigation- is this one practical experiment or the three attempts that we are allowed? Also in chemistry, we have completed one experiment and answered three 15 mark papers. I'm so confused, does this mean that there are no more chances to redo te coursework???:confused:

There are three different types of task: Qualitative, Quantitative and Evaluative.
Qualitative tasks are experiments where you get no numerical data, e.g. testing for halides in chemistry
Quantitative tasks are experiments where you do get numerical data, e.g. a titration
Evaluative tasks are more like written exam papers, where you answer questions on an experiment that you haven't personally done (the experiment is described in the question and you answer questions on it) and you actually have to explain the data and talk about error and stuff.

Anyway, you have to do all three types of task: the bare minimum is 1 qualitative, 1 quantitative and 1 evaluative.
However, there are three individual tasks of each type. So there will be no more chances to redo the coursework when you've done nine task papers.
Reply 2
Original post by danconway
There are three different types of task: Qualitative, Quantitative and Evaluative.
Qualitative tasks are experiments where you get no numerical data, e.g. testing for halides in chemistry
Quantitative tasks are experiments where you do get numerical data, e.g. a titration
Evaluative tasks are more like written exam papers, where you answer questions on an experiment that you haven't personally done (the experiment is described in the question and you answer questions on it) and you actually have to explain the data and talk about error and stuff.

Anyway, you have to do all three types of task: the bare minimum is 1 qualitative, 1 quantitative and 1 evaluative.
However, there are three individual tasks of each type. So there will be no more chances to redo the coursework when you've done nine task papers.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest