The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester interview- Life Sciences with foundation year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izxxx
Some people from my school said that Durham usually takes a very long time to reply. Someone said that they usually give offers at the end of March/mid April :/
You never know tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well good luck anyway. If you do get an offer from Manchester and you chose that in the end, post back here and I'll see you in September:biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by marco14196
Well good luck anyway. If you do get an offer from Manchester and you chose that in the end, post back here and I'll see you in September:biggrin:

Fingers crossed I will! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Izxxx
How is your experience so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the experience is great! I love the course and everything. Nothing to complain about really.

As for the interview, they are mostly looking for your enthusiasm for the course. The only course related questions were about the things I was talking in my personal statement. They were also asking about things I like to do besides the course and that was kind of it. But again, the most important thing is to be really enthusiastic when talking about the course, to show your passion for it, but this should come naturally if you actually like it. I received my offer right after the interview, so I didn't have to wait at all :biggrin:
Reply 23
Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hi I applied for life science foundation too and had my interview on the 18th of feb! And was given an unconditional offer at the end of my interview. It's really quite relaxed, nothing to worry too much about! :biggrin: I have to say I really liked the days I spent up in Manchester and the university itself. I'm kind of on a gap year at the moment working, and will be 19 in august - so old :L I have an offer from Nottingham as well so now its just trying to decide which one to go to as i already have my a levels from last year :smile:
Original post by Emm-88
Hi I applied for life science foundation too and had my interview on the 18th of feb! And was given an unconditional offer at the end of my interview. It's really quite relaxed, nothing to worry too much about! :biggrin: I have to say I really liked the days I spent up in Manchester and the university itself. I'm kind of on a gap year at the moment working, and will be 19 in august - so old :L I have an offer from Nottingham as well so now its just trying to decide which one to go to as i already have my a levels from last year :smile:

Congrats em, Ive got an unconditional offer too :smile:
Reply 26
Congrats em, Ive got an unconditional offer too :smile:

Great! Well done. Are you going to make it your firm?
Original post by Emm-88
Great! Well done. Are you going to make it your firm?

Already firmed it :smile:
Reply 28
Aw cool, have you looked into accommodation too? :smile:
Original post by Emm-88
Aw cool, have you looked into accommodation too? :smile:

Ive sorted out my accommodation. looking at Ricbmond Park, Sheavyn House and Canterbury Court. You?
I am very intrested in doing the foundation year in life science at Manchestre university, do you know by any chance after succefully completing the course would I be able to do the Bsc in Biomedical science, and is it achievable, as I am not doing any Science A level other than the BTEC subsidiary science with two other A levels. And do you know if this this course will be in extra?

Thank you in advance :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
finally other people who are doing the foundation year. I messed up on my last chem exam due to a lot of bad things happening at the time of my exams but I was offered a place on this course that would allow me to move onto biochem

what grades did you get in with? I'm hoping to do the same course. haven't had a good two years
Hello everyone,

I just graduated from the Life Sciences Foundation year (BSc Biology with Fnd Year) so if anyone has any questions...
What is the difference between Life Science and Biomedical? Is Life Science a quicker route?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending