The Student Room Group

Optometry 2023 - unis and predictions

Hey,

I am applying for Optometry for year of entry 2023.
I am sadly the only one applying for it in my sixth form so I wanted to speak to anybody else who is.

I am applying to City mOptom course, City foundation year, Anglia Ruskin, and Hertfordshire mOptom and their foundation year.
I'm at predicted A*AB right now.

How about anyone else? Has anyone already heard back?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ofcwonho
Hey,

I am sadly the only one applying for it in my sixth form so I wanted to speak to anybody else who is.

I am applying to City mOptom course, City foundation year, Anglia Ruskin, and Hertfordshire mOptom and their foundation year.
I'm at predicted ABB/AAB right now.

hiya!
i applied to aston for MOptom 2023 entry.(that was my only choice as its my backup)
was predicted AAB.
had my interview last month , thankfully I have an offer from aston :smile:
if you need any help regarding the interview, I'm more than happy to help!
Original post by Oghieghie
hiya!
i applied to aston for MOptom 2023 entry.(that was my only choice as its my backup)
was predicted AAB.
had my interview last month , thankfully I have an offer from aston :smile:
if you need any help regarding the interview, I'm more than happy to help!

Hi I just applied to Aston. Could I get some advice regarding the interview? Thanks :smile:
Original post by NeverKnowsBest
Hi I just applied to Aston. Could I get some advice regarding the interview? Thanks :smile:

Hey.
The interview is quite laid back, it's more of a conversation than an interview.
They asked questions to do with how I deal with academics and free time- and how I maintain a healthy life and work balance.
They also have me a scenario which I had to talk about.
I would say to prepare how you would normally, and be confident!
Also, don't rush your answers, it's okay to pause and think your answer through before answering, like I said before its more like a conversation

Hope thus helps - I'm sure you'll do well!
Hi, I’m waiting to do my interview for optom my predicted are A*AC (psych,bio,Chem) I was wondering if they lower your offer by how well the interview goes and if you put it as your firm choice. I’m scared if I would be able to get 3 A’s as I find bio and Chem difficult enough
Original post by Raeesusrrr
Hi, I’m waiting to do my interview for optom my predicted are A*AC (psych,bio,Chem) I was wondering if they lower your offer by how well the interview goes and if you put it as your firm choice. I’m scared if I would be able to get 3 A’s as I find bio and Chem difficult enough

Hiya
No I don't think the offer changes.
Since u do 3 sciences it'll be AAB
Original post by Oghieghie
Hey.
The interview is quite laid back, it's more of a conversation than an interview.
They asked questions to do with how I deal with academics and free time- and how I maintain a healthy life and work balance.
They also have me a scenario which I had to talk about.
I would say to prepare how you would normally, and be confident!
Also, don't rush your answers, it's okay to pause and think your answer through before answering, like I said before its more like a conversation

Hope thus helps - I'm sure you'll do well!

Hi!
I was just wondering, how long did it take Aston to reply to your application?
Also, have you done any interviews/ received any offers from other unis?
(congrats into getting in btw!)
Reply 7
Hey,

I'm at predicted ABB/AAB right now.

Hello! I've also applied for Optom at Cardiff, Manchester, Anglia Ruskin, UWE and Aston. I've heard back from 4/5.
Original post by kobunnies
Hi!
I was just wondering, how long did it take Aston to reply to your application?
Also, have you done any interviews/ received any offers from other unis?
(congrats into getting in btw!)

hiya!
It took a couple of weeks to hear back from them with an interview invite; after my interview, I think it took almost a month to hear back regarding my offer (cuz they were having tech issues).
Im a med school applicant ( 2 unis for med) - so I only applied for optom for one of my choices as a backup thank uu :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by melhana
Hello! I've also applied for Optom at Cardiff, Manchester, Anglia Ruskin, UWE and Aston. I've heard back from 4/5.

Did you hear back from Anglia Ruskin?
Did you hear back from Anglia Ruskin?

yeah i did!
Reply 11
Original post by melhana
yeah i did!

omg thats great! I applied a week ago and am waiting to hear back. Do you have insta?
Original post by melhana

did u hear back from UWE? havent got a response for over 2 weeks now
omg thats great! I applied a week ago and am waiting to hear back. Do you have insta?

yeah I do! private message me if you want it!
Original post by jhenewife4life
did u hear back from UWE? havent got a response for over 2 weeks now

hello!! yes I did although it did take about 2 months for them to reply since I sent off my video interview in the first week of december.
Hi have you heard back from Manchester :smile:
Original post by melhana
Original post by fiza0504
Hi have you heard back from Manchester :smile:

yeahhh, after my interview they replied after a week!
That's good, how did the interview go?
Original post by melhana
hey, what sort of questions did you get asked in the interview!

Original post by melhana
Original post by melhana
yeah I do! private message me if you want it!

How is the 30mins question? They sent me an online assessment to do can you help me how it goes like what questions they ask and what i should include in the 2/3 mins YouTube video

Quick Reply

Latest