The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Good luck for anyone who has an interview tomorrow!
Reply 161
Yeh Good luck guys! you'll smash it, just be yourself!! :smile:
Good luck people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Anyone know how long the tours last for tomorrow??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HPDentist
Tenu vi good luck 22g

haha thanks bro!
Reply 165
Is everyone wearing a suit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sb321
Is everyone wearing a suit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone know how many offers are given out? good luck everyone!
Reply 168
Original post by Turnip17

On the open day they said 208 interviews for 117 offers
Original post by sra5
On the open day they said 208 interviews for 117 offers

okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by Turnip17

Had an interview today. They said 70/75 offers will be given out and they are interviewing around 220 people .. :s
Reply 171
Original post by Jagriti
Had an interview today. They said 70/75 offers will be given out and they are interviewing around 220 people .. :s

Oh that's weird, must be that then. Those figures were from the open day last year so might have changed!
Reply 172
Original post by Jagriti

What? how can that be true? they have 70 ish places on the BDS course, surely they would give out more offers to compensate for people who don't meet their offer or don't chose them as their firm?
Reply 173
Original post by ijc1
What? how can that be true? they have 70 ish places on the BDS course, surely they would give out more offers to compensate for people who don't meet their offer or don't chose them as their firm?

Yeah I did think this!! They said they had 68 places at the open day so I don't get why they wouldn't give more offers out!?
Reply 174
Original post by sra5
Yeah I did think this!! They said they had 68 places at the open day so I don't get why they wouldn't give more offers out!?

LOL thats made me more nervous now. I hope they give out more offers than 70! if they do 220 interviews and only give 70 offers then thats only a 30% chance of us getting an offer.

Tbh I doubt its 70- probably around the 95-100 mark because dental places were capped by 10% this year. last year they gave around 110 offers
Reply 175
Original post by ijc1
LOL thats made me more nervous now. I hope they give out more offers than 70! if they do 220 interviews and only give 70 offers then thats only a 30% chance of us getting an offer.

Tbh I doubt its 70- probably around the 95-100 mark because dental places were capped by 10% this year. last year they gave around 110 offers

I agree!! I really can't see it being 70 for 68 places as they wouldn't fill the course!
Reply 176
Original post by sra5
I agree!! I really can't see it being 70 for 68 places as they wouldn't fill the course!

haha I guess we will know for sure when they give out offers in two weeks time! have you had your interview? :smile:
Reply 177
Original post by ijc1
haha I guess we will know for sure when they give out offers in two weeks time! have you had your interview? :smile:

True :smile: do they only take two weeks to get back to us? No, mines tomorrow! Have you had yours?
Reply 178
Original post by sra5
True :smile: do they only take two weeks to get back to us? No, mines tomorrow! Have you had yours?

Yeh end of march! so around the 27th? lol so 3 weeks then! hahaha :P no mines tomorrow too, so nervous they could literally ask anything
Reply 179
Original post by ijc1
Yeh end of march! so around the 27th? lol so 3 weeks then! hahaha :P no mines tomorrow too, so nervous they could literally ask anything

That's not so bad then!! I know I'm so nervous, it's my last interview so can't wait for it to be over haha!

Quick Reply

Latest